- Statistical Consulting and Analysis:
Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts to support development and production processes .
- Utilize appropriate statistical data analysis, predictive modeling, and simulation tools to assist technical decision making and anomaly resolution, including Bayesian methods.
- Support development and implementation of statistical quality control methods for application to operations.
- Provide sampling recommendations, develop experimental designs and conduct analysis to support engineering product development and enterprise process improvement activities
- Provide statistical expertise in support of reliability and risk assessment activities
- Provide statistical expertise in support of business decision analysis
- Internal Application Development:
Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts on solutions to large complex technical and project management problems.
- Research potential applications of advanced statistical methods
- Develop new applications of existing statistical tools and techniques to apply to key focus areas
- Support implementation of developed solutions
- Develop and update relevant procedures and standard work in the area of statistical analysis methods.
- Statistical Instruction and Mentoring:
- Create and improve statistical training materials and deliver training sessions directed to engineering and production applications of statistical methods.
- Mentor junior members of the statistics discipline in areas of specialization. Share knowledge and experience.
Look for opportunities to foster wider application of statistical methods in support of data-driven decision-making across the entire Aerojet Rocketdyne enterprise.
BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred. MS in Statistics required.
Minimum 9 years of statistical work experience required. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in writing programs in SAS and working with other statistical software packages such as Minitab is required. Some experience with rocket engine systems or missile defense products preferred. Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be able to work with individuals across the organization at all levels. He/She will be responsible for handling multiple tasks, work to identify new opportunities for application of statistical tools and technologies across the organization, and is expected to provide active support to building discipline health.
Position may occasionally require extended shifts and/or weekends. Although permanent job location can be in Canoga Park, CA; Sacramento, CA; or West Palm Beach, FL; the applicant would need to spend the first 2 months in West Palm Beach learning company procedures and standard practices from the existing staff of Statisticians.
Limited travel required if permanent location is CA; significant travel required if the permanent job location is FL
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).