Is your idea of fun working in a dynamic team environment with ability learn and teach? If so, then you could be our next Tax Analyst at the Manitowoc Company*.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be actively involved in both US and state tax disciplines. This includes compliance, assistance in federal and state tax audits, tax research, tax accounting, and analysis and financial reporting of income taxes. You will also work to train and mentor junior Tax Analysts and Interns. In this role, you will regularly communicate with segment personnel and act as a resource to aid with tax issues. Although you will not have any direct reports, you will act in a leadership and reviewer capacity on many projects. Reporting directly to Corporate Director of Tax, this position is based in Manitowoc, WI.
If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
• Review federal, state income and franchise tax returns, estimates and extensions. Prepare technically challenging computations such as UNICAP, LIFO, DPAD, R&D credit, etc.
• Assist with quarterly financial reporting for federal and state income taxes including preparation of the audit committee schedules and tax portions of the 10-Q.
• Oversee small audits and assist with federal and large state audits.
• Research tax technical issues and prepare memorandums summarizing issues, findings and support.
• Resolve federal and state tax notices in a timely manner.
• Drive process and technology improvements within the tax department to streamline compliance and reporting.
• Mentor and advise more junior members of the tax department
• Act as a resource to segment personnel on income, sales/use and property tax issues.