Education Affiliates provides educational programs that deliver real-life career skills in high demand occupations that lead to employment upon graduation and a lifetime of personal growth.
To provide updated and fully prepared instruction to students, actively engage in retention activities and manage the classroom/lab activities.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach courses as assigned by the Department Chair/DOE/Academic Dean.
- Utilize unit and daily lesson plans.
- Utilize a variety of supplementary resources (i.e. instructional technology, guest speakers, field trips, current articles and literature, discipline specific equipment, etc.).
- Maintain laboratory and classroom organization and cleanliness.
- Monitor classroom and student safety and immediately report safety concerns to appropriate manager.
- Actively engage in retention activities including documented communication with both students and administration regarding attendance and progress.
- Submit assigned grading and attendance documentation on deadline.
- Provide assistance for the planning, development, and maintenance of program curriculum.
- Work with the Department Chair/Director of Education/Academic Dean to resolve student concerns.
- Provide each student course syllabi on the first day of class.
- Grades tests, projects, and other assignments in a required timeframe.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance and grade records.
- Participate in student activities such as serving as club advisors, if asked.
- Complete midterm evaluations for each student halfway through the term.
- Report need for supplies and computer equipment to manager.
- Is aware of the school catalog, faculty handbook, and student handbook, and understands all the procedures and expectations stated within it as well as policies stated therein.
- Participate in the evaluation of textbooks and other instructional materials.
- Is accountable for all equipment, textbooks, instructor’s manuals, software, tapes, CD, etc. being used for the current term.
- Submit final grades to the Registrar by established deadline.
- Perform end-of-the term procedures by preparing the classroom for the next term.
- Provide annual documentation of continuing professional growth.
- Attend scheduled company meetings, in-service workshops and faculty meetings and incorporate learned concepts into classroom instruction.
- Participate in Advisory Board activities coordinated through Career Services and the DOE/Academic Dean.
- Adhere to and support school policies and procedures as referenced in the employee handbook, faculty handbook, and catalog.
- Attend graduation and orientation ceremonies.
- In case of emergency, provide a qualified, prepared substitute who must be approved by your Department Chair prior to class. Where coverage exists under Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the employee seeks a leave of absence or modified work schedule or other reasonable accommodation under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) or applicable state laws, or where the employee's absence is otherwise covered under state workers' compensation laws, employees are not required to find a substitute to cover such qualifying absences.
- Perform such other duties as may be specified by the Department Chair/DOE/Academic Dean or the School Director.
Documented expertise in academic subject area as demonstrated by data sheets, diplomas, transcripts, certifications, resumes. Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills.EDUCATION
Relevant work experience, certifications, Associates Degree, Bachelor degree, or MS degree preferred as per accreditation and state licensing standards.
Instructor must complete/submit and update each year the following documents to support appropriate instructional qualifications:
- All official higher education transcripts
- All official required licensures and certifications to teach content areas
- Faculty Development Plan
- Faculty Data Sheet for state and accrediting commission
Performance is based on the employee’s ability to:
- Meet preset annual goals
- Demonstrate job knowledge
- Achieve satisfactory student evaluation scores
- Demonstrate organization and planning
- Use strong communication skills
- Show initiative/dependability/reliability
- Work as a team player