You’ll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,200 retail and plant locations and approximately 15,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The NCN Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Northern California and Nevada) is seeking a Manager - District to cover our San Jose and Salinas branches working out of San Jose, CA.JOB SUMMARY:
The Manager - District has responsibility to lead, direct, and motivate all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales associates within the District to achieve the highest safety standards, top line growth, EBITDA performance and operational excellence. The DM is responsible to execute on plans and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM has full P&L responsibility for their branches/territory.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES
include the following. Other duties as assigned.
Optimize profit margins through execution of plans and strategies communicated from Regional and Area. Maintain operation expenses in line with Gross Profit goals, customer service, and growth plans.Execute on plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.Provide support for the transition of sweet spot customers to the Total Access program as well as target customers for any new TA initiatives that are developed.Ensure effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication throughout the District.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas facilities. Ensure that all branch personnel are walking the talk with regard to safety.
- Manage the sales force for organic top line growth. The DM may have direct responsibility for key customer accounts.
- Manage branch assets to ensure Airgas will be the fastest to market.
- Responsible for execution of Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the District.
- Ensure branch planners are in place at all branches and take responsibility for execution.
- Maintain the stocks of gases and HGs at all locations to ensure high fulfillment.
- Ensure that branch associates and field sales associates are adequately trained and focus on the details of our customers’ needs and requirements. Focus on increased accuracy and SAP proficiency.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Three to five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment, a Branch or Plant leadership role, or comparable experience within the distribution industry.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Team player; strong collaboration skills; ability to influence.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds within Airgas and outside the Company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily travel is required; a minimum amount of overnight travel is required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment varies (office, branch, customer visits, and plants).
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and more).
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.