Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
A. Providing personal care including:
2. Back rubs
3. Oral hygiene
5. Changing bed linen
6. Assisting patients with dressing, undressing and personal hygiene
7. Skin care to prevent breakdown
8. Assisting the patient with toileting activities
9. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
B. May prepare a light meal during the visit.
C. Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
D. Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
E. Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
F. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
G. Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication.
H. May do a load of patient’s laundry, as appropriate.
I. Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, etc.).
J. Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
K. Adhering to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
L. Follow all privacy policies of CareSouth, Infection Control protocols and maintain the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI).
~CB Required Experience
1. Meets the training requirements in accordance with State and Federal laws.
2. At least 18 years of age.
3. Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
4. Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
5. Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
6. Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
7. Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
8. Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Organization requirements and is in good working order.
9. Must be a Certified CNA.