Two Main Requirements (We’ll update you if we learn more):
• pretty much anyone with “experience building globally scaled” website backends would be eligible (because they only require Ruby, Java, Python OR Similar)
• Experience (either on the consumer side or the provider side) with PaaS (Platform as a Service) experience OR IaaS (Information as a Service)
Do you love to hack on large-scale distributed web sites?
Do you love pushing the limits of open source?
Do you love getting paid to do so?
If you do, our client’s Cloud Infrastructure Services has a job for you!
Our client’s CIS is a newly formed team focused on deploying a global cloud for their SaaS products. We need talented, engaged engineers to help make our vision a reality.
You will help us build our web properties in a globally scaled cloud environment. We are not building code for the sake of it, we have real world scenarios to implement. We are building modern, scaled portal for our federated cloud. We’re moving quickly, and you’ll need to engage with other teams across our company to deliver.
Ideally: you know clouds; you breathe clouds; you hack clouds. You should have proven experience with Python, Java, Ruby or similar, you should understand what makes how do build scaled geo redundant websites. BS/MS in computer science would be great, but not required.
Helpful Non-Technical Skills:
• Agile software development practices
• Work on geographically distributed teams
• Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
• Excellent communicator
• Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
• Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
• Ready to rock and build an amazing product
• Python, Ruby, Java, or similar programming experience.
• Hands on experience with PaaS (Platform as a Service) experience or IaaS (Information as a Service) experience (either on the consumer side or the provider side)
• Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support
• OpenStack is a plus ; OpenShift is a plus
• Knowledge of NoSQL systems: Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, etc