School Specialty is an education company that provides innovative and proprietary products, programs, and services to help educators engage and inspire students of all ages and abilities. Through leading brands, School Specialty designs, develops, and provides PreK-12 educators with the latest and very best curriculum, supplemental learning resources, and classroom basics. Working in collaboration with educators, School Specialty reaches beyond the scope of textbooks to help teachers, guidance counselors, and school administrators ensure that every student reaches his or her full potential.
The Software Engineer provides technical expertise in the development and support of the warehouse management application for School Specialty. Strong business flow understanding and a strong technical background/experience are expected. Development work will include new functionality/enhancements and support of existing applications. The Software Engineer II will work closely with business and BT management in prioritizing, estimating, designing, developing, testing, and delivering quality business applications. The position reports to a Business Technology Director, and may work under various Project Managers, depending on the assignment.
• Define, develop and implement solutions in coordination with technical resources, business users, third-party support, and other resources.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and modify systems to resolve functional issues
• Perform set ups, configurations, and modifications within the warehouse management systems
• Map and troubleshoot interfaces between Oracle eBusiness Suite and Sterling’s nWMS systems
• Provide production support for distributions centers during busy season
• Lead application development process from technical design through deployment.
• Review technical designs and application code of other development team members.
• Leverage core system capabilities and innovative ideas to continually improve current practices.
• Provide analysis and advice to BT and business leadership.
• Make technical and process improvement recommendations.
• Mentor junior team members in design and development principles.
• Tune applications for performance and scalability.
• Develop and deploy appropriate application monitoring and error handling routines.