I. Job Summary/Job Purpose
The Registered Nurse implements the nursing process within St. Francis HealthCare Campus and across the continuum of care. This practice includes dependent, interdependent and independent functions. Clinical populations served include Medical, Surgical, Intensive Care, Emergency Department, Labor & Delivery, Newborn Nursery, Pediatrics and Perioperative Services
II. Key Responsibilities
- Provision of care and treatment – Responsible for the daily care of a patient, including assessment, treatments, medications, patient education, and discharge planning through development and implementation of the patient plan of care. Uses multidisciplinary team strategies to resolve patient problems.
- Medication Management – Accountable to provide medications to patient’s using safe medication practices.
- Safety and/or regulations – Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel
- Infection Prevention – Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Communication – Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapprt; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Documentation – Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records. Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Environment of Care – Ensures operation of equipment by completing maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques. Maintains nursing supplies by following departmental practices related to inventory.
- Quality and Process Improvement – Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards and measuring health outcomes,
- Professional – Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Maintains professional and technical knowledge. Participates in activities to maintain or further the profession of nursing
III. Core Expectations
At St. Francis Healthcare Campus we expect all our employees to live the values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence at work by:
• Honoring and caring for the dignity of all persons in mind, body, and spirit
• Working together as a team to achieve our goals
• Improving continuously by listening, and asking for and responding to feedback
• Seeking new and better ways to meet the needs of those we serve
• Using our resources wisely
• Understanding how each of our roles contributes to the success of St. Francis Healthcare Campus and CHI
IV. Core Job Competencies
Core Behaviors: The following behaviors have been identified as critical to all staff roles at St. Francis Healthcare Campus:
• Teamwork Orientation: works cooperatively & collaboratively with others toward the accomplishment of shared goals.
• Service Orientation: desires to serve and focus one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of internal and external customers.
• Achieves Results: reflects a drive to achieve and outperform. Continuously looking for improvements. Accepts responsibility for actions and results.
• Learning and Growth: has a commitment to continuous professional and organizational learning
• Communication: practices attentive and active listening and can restate opinions of others; communicates messages in a way that has the desired effect.
Demonstrates the knowledge of fire/safety, disaster plans and infection control
Reports any unsafe conditions noted to the appropriate individuals or department