1967Position Description: Position Summary
All it takes is passion.
Are you an individual who is dedicated to making a difference in a person's life and want to help change the world, one life at a time? If you are passionate about higher education and want an exciting and challenging career helping students achieve their dreams, then we want you! Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (NYSE: UTI) is a leading provider of technical education training of future technicians. UTI is changing lives every day!
UTI's Field Admissions Representatives play an important role by getting students in the classroom and starting them on their journey of reaching their career dreams. Working within a designated geographical territory, a Field Admissions Representative will conduct career presentations in high schools, network with teachers and counselors, provide in-home interviews with families of prospective students, and more - all in an effort to find passionate, motivated students who have a desire to learn and develop their skills in one of our training facilities. The ideal candidate for this position will have a customer –focused, extroverted style that can enliven, engage, motivate and positively impact individuals. One should enjoy making connections and communicating with people while proactively establishing relationships as well as following established guidelines and procedures. One must also work independently in a fast paced and results oriented environment while prioritizing their schedules to maximize time. Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Meets the high school visit schedule for the territory to establish rapport with the school staff and prospect future Universal Technical Institute students.
• Conducts informative and professional in home interviews utilizing technical knowledge and skills.
• Contacts interested prospects to set home interview.
• Conducts student follow up though out the year.
• Networks with high school teachers, counselors and principals (and other administrative officials) to maintain and build relationships.
• Makes informational presentations to all levels of educators in high schools and other educational institutions to recommend Universal Technical Institute to their students.
• Conducts educational and motivational high school presentations to groups of students to pursue higher education and potentially attend Universal Technical Institute.
• Uses all marketing and recruiting tools to get the Universal Technical Institute story in front of all prospects.
• Effectively addresses students’ concerns to ensure that all prospects receive the full Universal Technical Institute story and are aware of their career opportunities.
• Maintains knowledge of Universal Technical Institute programs, financing options and other pertinent information in order to answer prospective student questions during a presentation.
• Maintains travel logs and reports in order to track the number of high schools visited and leads generated.
• Performs duties such as attending college fairs and college nights and other related duties. Includes setting up booths, displays, video equipment, and promotional materials. Discusses program offerings with prospective high school students visiting college fairs and fosters visits/tours to local campuses.
• Participates in on-campus events as directed.
Adheres to all regulatory compliance criteria and proceduresPosition Requirements:Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
• Experience with public speaking preferred.
• Industry knowledge preferred.
• 3 – 5 years sales experience preferred.
• Communication skills (verbal and written) and computer skills (Microsoft Office products)
• Strong presentation and sales skills
• Outstanding verbal communication is required
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Knowledge of local community
• Ability to work independently
• Strong analytical skills
• Multi-tasking and organizational skills, can adapt to a changing fast-paced environment
• Build effective relationships
• Ability to analyze and report data.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred.
• Must be able to lift and maneuver 25-30 pounds.
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn, and reason for all of the workday
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time during presentation
• Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to travel 90% or more of the time.Work Environment
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
• General technology as it relates to office administration
• Home office environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.