As a Software Engineer Sr. and a member of PNC's Information Technology group, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations . Your area is re sponsible for performing application software development for system enhancements, potentially across a variety of technology platforms.
As an integral part of this dynamic and progressive team, you will develop basic application software for system enhancements, possibly across a variety of technology platforms. You will also assess and determine design considerations, which include application programs that contain the business logic, and possibly modify databases, client reports, internal reports and online presentations.
This position combines autonomy with leadership support while you develop plans for system testing that ensure a quality product is presented to PNC Lines of Business (LOB) for acceptance. Through integrity, teamwork and customer focus, you will help reinforce our product-specific goals and concepts to drive value to each LOB. Because PNC not only acquires great talent but also develops them organically, y ou will work your manager to augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for medium - complex system functions for our LOB service partners. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field
- 4-7 years related experience.
- Equivalent experience would be acceptable in lieu of education.
- Strong understanding of Java/JEE/J2EE technologies
- In depth knowledge of web development.
- Strong understanding of the Spring Framework.
- Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques.
- Develops a strong understanding of core technologies contained within the LOB application supported.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills