Job DescriptionRegistered Nurse - L&D, Full-time(Job Number: 00056-4677)Work Location:
United States-Florida-Plantation-Plantation General Hospital - Fort Lauderdale AreaSchedule:
Full-timeDescriptionRegistered Nurse - L&D, Full-time Days
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital is a full-service facility that is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been providing a range of healthcare services to residents of Plantation and Central Broward County for 45 years. Our nationally recognized centers of excellence specialize in maternity, high risk maternity, pediatrics, pediatric intensive care and Level III neonatal intensive care have earned us a distinguished reputation for quality.
Plantation General Hospital is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and as a Center of Excellence in Neonatal services, one of the only three in the nation. We deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve.
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
**Sign-on Bonus of up to $8,000 offered with 2 year commitment of full-time employment. (Not applicable to current HCA Employees)
The L&D RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Cares for preterm and term patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assists with all deliveries .
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Current licensure as an RN
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and NRP
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Nursing, L&D, Labor & Delivery