In anticipation of growth, Consulate has the following DVPO available:
As Divisional Vice President of Operations, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for ensuring overall operations of facilities assigned to perform regulatory requirements, policies and procedures of the company, financial goals established and maintained by monitoring performance of key facility management personnel and providing feedback, development, direction and resources to ensure successful outcomes. Supervises facility Administrators and Regional Director of Maintenance. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Recruit, hire, supervise, and train Executive Directors.
2. Set and establish goals and timetables and conduct an annual evaluation of goal achievement. Hold subordinates for their area of responsibility. Support Executive Director’s goals and objectives.
3. Assist Executive Directors in the preparation/analyses of the annual financial operating budget. Monitor monthly performance of facilities in relation to the budget and intervene as needed.
4. Assist regional staff, i.e. clinical, financial, marketing, and human resources to ensure facilities receive appropriate support.
5. Interpret and ensure implementation of governing board policies and procedures.
6. Ensure regional facilities meet all requirements of local, state, and federal regulations and laws relating to nursing home administration.
7. Schedule regular meetings with Executive Directors and periodic site visits to provide supervision, ensure communication, and to monitor facility operations.
8. Conduct and documents annual performance evaluations on each Executive Director.
9. Maintain and guide the implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with corporate, state, federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
10. Prepare and submit reports on facility operations, performance, and action plans for improvement as required.
11. Work closely with sales/marketing staff to set strategies for promotions and expansion of the census/programs/services within the facilities.
12. Support and guide the facilities quality improvement processes.
13. Attend and/or conduct regional meetings, as required, to carry out responsibilities.
14. Attend corporate management meetings, as required.
15. Attend to overall operation of the facilities.
16 Must ensure successful census development and revenue production.
17. Accurate and timely management reports.
18. Participate in resolution of hotline calls.
19. Maintain effective relationships and open communication with Divisional President, facilities, and staff. Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with employees, residents, families, visitors, and the community at large.
20. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to responsibilities.
21. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and participate in quality improvement and safety programs.
22. Promote the vision, mission, and values of Consulate Health Care within and to customers outside the facility.
23. Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software.
24. Must stay in compliance with all state, federal, and government agencies.
25. Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
26. Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
27. Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
28. Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
29. Perform other duties as assigned.