- Company: AMC Theatres
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Restaurant
Hotel - Resort
- Job Type: Restaurant - Food Service
Hospitality - Hotel
- Location: 55 PARSONAGE RD UNIT 390
Edison, NJ 08837
At AMC we currently need a Kitchen Manager. We’re one of the largest entertainment companies in the world with associates passionate about guest satisfaction and achieving results. We’re a fun, progressive company that believes in training and we offer varied hours and flexible work days within the same pay period to help you maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Imagine what would happen if we decided to only show movies of the same genre. Crazy thought, right? At AMC, that would never happen – we’re proud to always offer an array of diverse movies. We also feel the same way about our associates and employ people of many different backgrounds, generations, traditions and philosophies at our theatres.
As a Kitchen Manager at an AMC theatre, you will:
- Provide leadership and guidance to back-of-house associates to achieve optimum kitchen operations by focusing on the ability to deliver results through planning and execution.
- Manage BOH labor, food, beverage, repair, maintenance and supplies costs to achieve financial targets using company processes, systems and appropriate MIS reports.
- Recruit, train, develop and appropriately coach back-of-house associates with consultation from the Senior Manager or the General Manager with emphasis on developing future kitchen managers, hourly managers and lead cooks and expeditors.
Conduct twice daily line checks to ensure food safe temperatures, ingredient quality and readiness for volume.
As if starting a career in show business wasn’t enough, you’re entitled to many benefits as an AMC associate including health care for you, your spouse, dependent and/or same sex domestic partner, tuition reimbursement for you and scholarship opportunities for your dependents, 401(k) plans, paid vacation, an employee assistance program, dependent care flexible spending accounts and… FREE movie passes.
At AMC, we live in a team-based, socially responsible culture where a take-charge approach exists at all levels. Make sure you meet these requirements before you apply:
- 2 years of kitchen experience in a line capacity of a high-volume, high-quality establishment.
- Proficient in kitchen operations and execution.
- ServSafe certified.
- Ability to maintain composure, take control during high demand business circumstances.
- Manage work environments that achieve high levels of job satisfaction among team members.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; the ability to provide clear direction, resolve disagreements, influence strong performance, and produce clear and concise documentation with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate well with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors and corporate partners.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
If you have all the requirements, great- apply online now and set the stage for a rewarding, progressive career in entertainment!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.