Medical Assistant (Cranberry)
Posted : 8/16/2014
Medix is currently seeking candidates for a Medical Assistant position in the Cranberry area. If interested, please respond with your resume. Please see below for more details......
- Prepare and organize exam rooms
- Inspect exam rooms for cleanliness and equipment condition
- Maintain sample medication closet
- Stock and maintain rooms with adequate supplies
- Check patients' medical records for pertinent data
- Review and maintain current patient information/demographic data
- Greets and escorts patients to exam rooms
- Prepares for visits by physician and/or extender by obtaining initial information and vital signs
- Assists with exams, tests, and special procedures as directed
- Schedule appointments and tests
- Pre-certify patients for insurance coverage
- Set up referral contacts
- Review all requisitions (e.g., labs and x-rays) for completeness
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to operate various office and medical equipment
- Fundamental understanding of personal computers and familiarity with the Windows operating system
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30am – 4:00pm, 7:45am – 4:30pm, and 8:30am - 5:00pm
- $10 - $13 / per hour (based upon experience)
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
||$10.00 - $13.00 /Hour
| Other Pay:
||Healthcare - Health Services
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Medix provides workforce solutions to clients and creates opportunity for contract employees representing a variety of industries through our Healthcare, Scientific and Information Technology divisions.
We have earned our reputation as an industry leader by providing unsurpassed customer service and top quality professionals to our clients across the country.
Our brand promise: Anticipating Needs. Exceeding Expectations. focuses our efforts to assist clients staffing a temporary need, a seasonal spike in their business cycle or when using Medix to augment their staff on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire placement basis. Medix has the expertise and dedication to provide them with top industry professionals to timely and effectively secure their staffing needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.