Medical Assistant (Cranberry)
Posted : 10/16/2014
At Medix, we are dedicated to creating opportunities for contract employees through our Healthcare, Scientific, and IT divisions. Our Placement Specialists offer a personalized service to make sure we truly understand your employment needs. We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant with 2+ years’ of doctor’s office experience and knowledge of insurance verification in the Cranberry area.
Partner with Medix, and you will experience the multiple benefits our company has to offer. We will hold a personal consultation with you to understand your skills and aspirations! Our placement services provide flexibility to accommodate your schedule and needs, offering contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. If interested, please respond with your resume. Please see below for more details. . .
- Prepare and organize exam rooms
- Inspect exam rooms for cleanliness and equipment condition
- Maintain sample medication closet
- Stock and maintain rooms with adequate supplies
- Check patients' medical records for pertinent data
- Review and maintain current patient information/demographic data
- Greets and escorts patients to exam rooms
- Prepares for visits by physician and/or extender by obtaining initial information and vital signs
- Assists with exams, tests, and special procedures as directed
- Schedule appointments and tests
- Pre-certify patients for insurance coverage
- Set up referral contacts
- Review all requisitions (e.g., labs and x-rays) for completeness
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to operate various office and medical equipment
- Fundamental understanding of personal computers and familiarity with the Windows operating system
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30am – 4:00pm, 7:45am – 4:30pm, and 8:30am - 5:00pm
- $10 - $13 / per hour (based upon experience)
Once you have been a contract employee of Medix for 30 days, you become eligible for our Benefits Program. Should you elect to enroll, there are three levels of medical coverage to choose from, supplemental dental plans and term plans as well as the option to enroll your spouse and/or children.
You can select the best combination that best suits your needs.
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- A limited benefit medical plan with The American Worker
- Doctor visits with inexpensive co-pay
- Limited Outpatient Care
- Limited Accident Coverage
- Prescription Programs
- Dental Plan
- Vision Discount Program
- Term Life Insurance Plans
Medix – Positively impacting lives every day!
This year’s recipient of the Business Ledger's "Entrepreneurial Excellence Growth Award"
“I like the personal relationships that the recruiters set up." – Medix Contractor, RaShawna
Join our network of talented professionals!
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
||$10.00 - $13.00 /Hour
| Other Pay:
||Healthcare - Health Services
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Medix provides workforce solutions to clients and creates opportunity for contract employees representing a variety of industries through our Healthcare, Scientific and Information Technology divisions.
We have earned our reputation as an industry leader by providing unsurpassed customer service and top quality professionals to our clients across the country.
Our brand promise: Anticipating Needs. Exceeding Expectations. focuses our efforts to assist clients staffing a temporary need, a seasonal spike in their business cycle or when using Medix to augment their staff on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire placement basis. Medix has the expertise and dedication to provide them with top industry professionals to timely and effectively secure their staffing needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.