Cash Reconciliation Accountant- NE San Antonio area
Our client, a dynamic family oriented business in New Braunfels, is currently seeking a Senior Cash Reconciliation Accountant to join the Corporate Accounting department with experience in General Ledger, Reconciliation, analysis of reconciliation issues, month-end closing and account reconciliations. This position requires a motivated accounting professional with a good understanding of GAAP and SOX.
This is a contract position with the opportunity of possible full time employment. Call 572-3772 for more details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main responsibility will be reporting and manipulating an internal cash management sheet, running bank reports and populating the cash reports for upper level management.
- Participate in all aspects of the month-end close (assigned accruals, assigned reconciliations, analysis of accounts, etc.) that conform to GAAP in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile an assigned set of Checkbooks to the GL Cash Accounts daily and monthly, proposing corrections as needed
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly review of all assigned accounts
- Responsible for thorough documentation of processes for assigned GL accounts and Checkbooks
- Responsible for researching and documenting policies for assigned GL accounts to ensure GAAP, SOX, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance for review and approval by management team
- Demonstrate strong understanding of process flows and internal controls
- Work with other departments or stores to ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately and financial reporting integrity is maintained
- Analyze monthly cash reconciliation to the GL, review outstanding checks and issues
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Respond to and resolve all internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
- Extended hours may be necessary from time to time especially during month end, quarter end or yearend close procedures
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting, supervisory experience is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
- Multi-Unit experience of 250 locations or greater
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- Must have strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Must have strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||Accounting - Finance
||4 Year Degree
||3 to 5 years
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Not ready to apply?
CFS is growing and is always looking for team oriented, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and customer service driven professionals to join us. If you are an accountant looking for a career change or a staffing industry professional looking to change companies, we would like to speak with you.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.