Salem Leasing Corp. is seeking a highly qualified individual to support our growing business commercial truck rental, leasing, and maintenance business throughout the southeast. This position is based in our Winston-Salem corporate office.
- Assist the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements based on GAAP accounting
- Assist in the month end closing and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Reconcile Bank Statements monthly
- Assist with Payroll and Benefit administration
- Reconcile multi branch accounts for Inventory and Work in Progress
- Perform internal audit to verify customer invoicing is accurate
- Development of operational procedures and documentation of data flow
- Development of system controls to ensure data integrity
- Point person for troubleshooting system issues
- Responsible for managing operational data and ensuring data integrity and accuracy
- Responsible for managing software applications related to company financial statements
- Responsible for handling recurring Journal Entry processing
- Serve as project manager for any system implementation or upgrades
- Assist in special projects as necessary
Great company benefits Include:
- Generous compensation and performance bonus plan.
- 401k retirement plan with company match.
- Major medical, dental, company paid life, short and long term disbility.
- Company paid vacation, paid holidays, paid birthday.
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- B.S. degree in Accounting preferred (not required)
- Two to four years of experience in public/private accounting preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
We understand the challenges companies face from rising transportation costs and too few resources to manage the workload; the financial stress requires an easier, more cost effective plan for transportation and distribution. Through our operating units, Salem NationaLease and Salem Carriers, we service the industry with individualized transport services tailored to each customer's needs.
Transportation impacts every aspect of our customers' business. Whether leased, rented, owned, or even contracted for distribution services, transportation is critical to a company's success. Efficient transportation can enable a company to fine tune its entire business. Salem's range of innovative services gives our customers the control they want, providing the freedom to focus their assets on their core business, not transportation.