Allied Search Partners is currently looking for a qualified, NY Licensed, Grossing Technician or Technologist to work the day shift for a Grossing Histotech Job Opening. Know someone for this position? We pay you $$ for any of your referrals that we place in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Position Name: Grossing Technician (Histotech)
Location: Port Chester, NY area
Schedule: Full Time Permanent Monday-Friday 11pm-7:30am OR Tuesday-Saturday 5:30am-2pm
To apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
Summary of Duties:
- This Grossing Histotech ensures specimen integrity upon arrival and through out the entire process.
- Dictate a gross description for each biopsy specimen, dissect and prepare tissue for cassettes.
- Gross core needle biopsy and all anatomical pathology specimens (under the supervision of a Pathologist Assistant and /or pathologist).
- Prepare dissected tissue specimens and place into cassettes.
- Load prepared cassettes in Tissue Processors.
- Operation of all tissue processors.
- Compliance with all Federal and State regulations pertaining to Grossing:
- Adhere to workload requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Filter Logs, Bench Excerpts etc.).
- Able to evaluate new laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Able to perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Working knowledge and understanding of TPS / Lab Manager IS System.