About Access Insurance
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Atlanta, Access Insurance Company delivers specialty property and casualty automobile insurance programs through a network of independent insurance producers.
Known as a leader in the industry, Access is on the forefront of leveraging technology. The company provides an enhanced customer experience by offering a streamlined, accurate, user-friendly process to drive the greatest value for the customer.
Access’ environment of fostering innovation, recognizing achievement and capitalizing on potential, makes Access Insurance Company a great place to work.
Claims Adjuster - Personal Insurance Automotive Claims - Bilingual a MUST
If you are interested in becoming a Claims Adjuster who truly cares about helping your customers find resolution then look to Access. We will be doing a 6 week paid training program starting next month to help you become a Claims Adjuster.
Often, this is the first time our policyholders have been in an accident. You offer the insured a patient, empathetic voice guiding them through their policy coverage, liabilities, accident procedures and settlements. In this fast-paced, paperless environment, working closely with the insured, claimants, attorneys, paralegals and insurance companies, you settle personal automobile liability claims. Bilingual English/Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply! Traiga sus excelentes capacidades bilingües a una gran oportunidad de trabajo!
Those achieving the greatest success as an Auto Insurance Claims Adjusters are interested in non-standard (e.g. Infinity, Progressive, Mercury, Safe Auto, Geico) personal auto claims and are Bilingual English/Spanish speakers. They are looking for their opportunity to expand and increase their skills and knowledge base as the company continues its unimaginable growth.
We Offer a Fantastic Benefits and Compensation Program!
Our employee benefits plan reflects how important our Claims Adjusters are to us. Number one, we compensate you competitively, provide training, and support your professional development. Plus, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits including:
Competitive base salary based on experience, licenses and continuing education
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Fully-paid 6 weeks New Claims Adjuster training in the classroom and with a mentor
Ongoing professional development and mentoring throughout your career
Variety of work hours available in a business-casual environment (no suits and ties)
A host of other excellent benefits!
Hear what our Claim Adjusters have to say:
“Team oriented, very entrepreneurial, always changing."
“Management really knows what works! You specialize and get really good at it."
“I really like the open door management policy – we’re progressive, innovative too."
Specific requirements include:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Computer savvy with a minimum 45 wpm typing speed
- Excellent communication skills; patient, empathetic, good listener, strong negotiator
- Customer focused team player, willing to help others
- Disciplined, resilient, organized, detailed multi-tasker with strong negotiation skills
- Enjoys a full-time, flexible work week, (both standard and non-standard hours available); ability to work evenings and weekends is a plus
· Work within one of our many different specialized claim units: material damage, bodily injury (attorney represented or non-represented), litigation, SIU
· Respond to (and conduct outbound) calls, voicemails, emails, written correspondence
· Speak with policyholders, assuring them of your assistance with a new or pending claim
· Explain to the policyholder their auto insurance coverage and liability (once determined); review accident procedures and steps to achieve resolution
· Secure recorded statements from insured policyholder, claimants, witnesses, paralegals, attorneys, insurance carriers, medical providers and others; acquire police report
· Set up independent vehicle inspections, advising if a total loss or repairable
· Evaluate attorney claim demands, injuries, treatment and medical records
· Provide supervisors with updates, reports; assisting other adjusters as needed
· Set claim settlement value, negotiate with attorney, achieving settlement absent of litigation; finalize settlement with release