Automobile Salesperson Job Purpose: Sells automobiles by understanding and demonstrating characteristics, capabilities, and features; developing and qualifying buyers; closing sales.
Automobile Salesperson Job Duties:
- Understands automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models; inspecting automobiles.
- Develops buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Qualifies buyers by understanding buyer's requirements and interests; matching requirements and interests to various models; building rapport.
- Demonstrates automobiles by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features; taking drives; explaining warranties and services.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections; asking for sales; negotiating price; completing sales or purchase contracts; explaining provisions; explaining and offering warranties, services, and financing; collects payment; delivers automobile.
- Provides sales management information by completing reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Enhances dealership reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Selling to Customer Needs, Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Job Knowledge
Drug free, Positive attitude
Welcome to Sam Swope Auto Group - Serving The Kentuckiana Community!
Since opening the doors of our first dealership back in 1952, Sam Swope Auto Group has become the largest automobile retailer in Kentuckiana and one of Automotive News’ top-ranked dealership groups in the country!
Family-owned for more than 62 years, our goal has always been to give our shoppers the best car buying experience possible, and you see that in our extensive selection, upfront pricing, and dedicated customer care.
Plus, we’re active in community organizations and initiatives, including our “Wear It Forward” clothing collection drive, and the Kentuckiana Heart Walk. Our customers’ happiness means the world to us. That’s why we work to give everyone the best deals and best service so that at our dealerships, “Nobody Walks Away!”