- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- Qualified as a Technician I and/or Technician II, or prior applicable experience in blood banking or source plasma collection
- One year blood center/plasma center experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years old with a good driving record
- Three years driving experience required
- Computer skills preferred
- Texas Operators Driver's License
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred
Knowledge: Must acquire &/or maintain a working knowledge of and perform within the
guidelines of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and organizational policies. Must recognize and implement current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in all assigned tasks. Must maintain a working knowledge of the donor processing criteria.
Skills: Must demonstrate competency in performing donor registration, screening, phlebotomy, and monitoring donor safety. Must demonstrate competency in determining donor eligibility. Must implement concurrent documentation for all required donation data. Must be capable of operating motor vehicles in all types of weather conditions.
Abilities: Must be professional, organized, detail oriented, communicative, and have the ability to greet the public in a friendly and courteous manner. Must be a team player. Must keep all information confidential. Must be neat in appearance and well groomed.
- Establish rapport with designated chairperson sponsoring the mobile blood drive.
- Greet presenting donors in a pleasing, professional manner.
- Perform data entry and evaluate donor eligibility.
- Conduct comprehensive medical history interviews.
- Perform medical screening procedures (blood pressures, pulse, temperature, and hemoglobin determinations).
- Determine donor eligibility in the review of Donation Records with/without overlay.
- Perform phlebotomy procedure and assist with difficult phlebotomies.
- Monitor operations of 3-bed mobile and/or collection site and assigned staff.
- Ensure adequate supplies and functioning equipment are available.
- Provide appropriate care of donors experiencing adverse reactions.
- Ensure all records are legible, accurate, and complete.
- Ensure packing list is complete for packed units and units are packed per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Perform unloading, setting up, taking down, and reloading of mobile equipment and supplies at designated mobile drives.
- Exhibit a leadership role for the staff, a positive working relationship with the donors, co-workers, and the public, and an exemplary image of the center.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Assist Technician IV's in directing overall functions of mobile drives and/or collection sites.
- Direct the overall function of collection site.
- Transport mobile staff in designated motor vehicles.
- Perform automated blood collection procedures.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will sit, stand, walk, and bend during working hours. May be required to lift and carry up to 40-50 lbs. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Must be able to drive on behalf of South Texas Blood and Tissue Center.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in well lighted, air-conditioned and heated areas, but may work in confined and non-climate controlled conditions such as mobile sites. Exposed to body fluids, blood borne pathogens, electrical and chemical hazards. Occasional out of town and overnight stays required. May be required to work any time of the day, evening or night during the week or weekend.
Schedule: Rotating days, hours and weekends
** Salary is commensurate to your education and experience **
+ shift differentials $.90 (after 5:01 pm) $1.15 (after 10:01 pm) and $1.90 (weekends)
All Full Time Positions Qualify for - 100% Employer Paid Pension Plan & Full Benefits Package
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan
- Pension Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Funeral Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
BioBridge Global and its subsidiaries are proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/D/V/Genetic Data employer that maintains a Tobacco & Drug-Free Workplace.
Please visit our website www.southtexasblood.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.