Hospital Insurance Follow Up
Posted : 10/13/2014
Medix Healthcare is the leading Recruiting organization specializing in Healthcare Professional placements for all of the major Healthcare Organizations throughout the greater Houston area.
Medix is currently hiring for experienced Hospital Insurance Follow Up Specialist to work for a large and growing Hosptial Organization in Houston area. This position is an opportunity to grow your career and advance your medical collection skills in a team oriented environment.
- Maintain daily and monthlA/R reports
- Follow up to resolution on approximately 20 claims per day
- Communicate with insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
- Review all zero paid or incorrectly paid accounts through resolution of account
- Handle Appeals and Denials of payments
- Report negative effects on payment trends
- Work closely with Provider Auditor and Leadership Team to answer provider inquiries
We have opportunities in the Houston Medical Center as well as West Houston, Sugar Land, the Galleria area, the Woodlands, etc. If you are looking for a career change or simply a way to get your foot in the door with a large organization - send us your resume! One of our recruiters will contact you to speak with you about the different opportunities we have and work with you on finding the perfect fit!
Medix offers temporary, temporary - permanent, and direct hire opportunities. We also provide a benefits package and 401K options!
- Minimum of 2 years with Hospital or Surgery Insurance Follow - up
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs)
- Knowledge in medical terminology
- Be able to utilize UB04 forms
- Preferred experience with out-of-network claims
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills and a great attitude
keywords: medical collector, medical collections, account representative, medical biller, commercial insurance collector, UB04, hospital, healthcare, hospital collector, medical account specialist, patient account specialist, patient account representative, insurance collector, surgery collector, out of network, insurance follow up, medical customer service, collector
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
||$15.00 - $17.00 /Hour
| Other Pay:
||Healthcare - Health Services
||At least 2 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Medix provides workforce solutions to clients and creates opportunity for contract employees representing a variety of industries through our Healthcare, Scientific and Information Technology divisions.
We have earned our reputation as an industry leader by providing unsurpassed customer service and top quality professionals to our clients across the country.
Our brand promise: Anticipating Needs. Exceeding Expectations. focuses our efforts to assist clients staffing a temporary need, a seasonal spike in their business cycle or when using Medix to augment their staff on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire placement basis. Medix has the expertise and dedication to provide them with top industry professionals to timely and effectively secure their staffing needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.