As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first and we’re proud of the commitment we share to their success. For more than 40 years, Education Management Corporation schools have provided the career-focused education that has helped our students enjoy a higher degree of both professional and personal success. That commitment to the success of our students is the common thread that joins our schools, along with our focus on fostering well-rounded graduates who care about the world around them and make real contributions to their communities. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Education Management Corporation is one of the area’s largest and fastest-growing employers—and is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America in terms of student enrollment and revenue. We’re a growing company based on strong principles and a successful history. But perhaps more importantly, we’re a company that’s poised for a successful future as a national leader in for-profit education
The incumbent is responsible for collecting out of school receivables resulting from early withdrawal or credit extension beyond graduation in an effort to minimize delinquent accounts and annual write-offs. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Collect past due receivables from current or former students of brand schools of EDMC while maintaining acceptable departmental recovery rate objectives.
- Achieve daily call volume requirements.
- Follow procedures for the placement of students with outside collection agencies.
- Consistently maintaining a positive student experience as well as mentoring collections teammates as appropriate.
- Understand and apply compliance to Federal/State collection guidelines.
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as needed.
Others inside and outside the function
- High School Diploma or GED. Associate Degree in Accounting or Business preferred. but not required.
- Minimum 1yr experience in collections or outbound call center experience with a focus on customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite: Excel.
- Ability to interact effectively with outside agencies and work collaboratively with other EDMC departments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekend and evening hours.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Competitive non-exempt salary with bonus potential
- Tuition grants for you and your family
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Company:Education Management Corporation
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Pittsburgh, PA
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Other Great Industries
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Admin - Clerical
- Req'd Education:Not Specified
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified