This position is located in Elk Horn, IA
The Staff Accountant’s primary responsibility is to support the MV Transportation, Inc. field operations by performing accounting services related to recording, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing month-end financial statements, records and reports. This is a salaried position at $44K annually plus benefits.
- Prepare monthly general and standard journal entries, income statements, account reconciliations, cost reports and various other accounting statements and reports; provide interpretation of results as appropriate.
- Analyze division financial reports and records through an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and/or expenditures as appropriate.
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries in accordance with contractual rights and obligations. Partner with division management to conduct special studies and develop or recommend accounting methods and procedures.
- Research and resolve problems pertaining to financial reporting systems, ensuring compliance with United States generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide month end journal entries for national accounts, corporate American Express accounts, capital expense requests, bank reconciliations, and annual and interim physical inventory coordination
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders: division management, peers, financial and executive management.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
B.A. or B.S. in accounting
Two years accounting experience
Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual contributor
Organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple
Ability to meet deadlines
Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills;
Ability to travel (20%)
Computer skills including Microsoft Office applications,
Lawson experience is a plus
Understanding of assigned divisions operation’s and the
correlation to their financial statements
Oversee the month end process for assigned locations to
ensure deadlines are met
Conduct periodic divisional audits and bid model reviews
Special projects as assigned
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is
required. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and
affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled
individuals, as well as other protected groups.
MV Transportation, Inc. and all subsidiaries, joint ventures, partnerships and affiliates, (or "MV") is a privately held corporation that provides passenger transportation management, operations, and related services to jurisdictional and private entities across North America.
MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to application_help @ mvtransit.com or call (972) 391-4600 to let us know the nature of your request.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.