Other pay: N/A
103 N Hurstbourne Pkwy
Louisville, KY 40222
Send Email Now
Report this job
Our In-Home Designers assist Sales Associates in closing transactions by providing design services to Havertys customers. They will visit clients' homes to assure proper furniture placement and color coordination. They will also recommend additional furniture and accessories for the room design as needed. Position may involve sales training directly on the sales floor to enable an understanding of the Havertys customer engagement process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Once introduced to the client, assists Sales Associates by scheduling a qualified home visit.
- Coordinates with the decision-maker(s) during the home visit and the final presentation to review the items selected, pricing, and delivery schedules, if applicable.
- Build a Presentation Board, consisting of the colors and placement of furniture in the home, the visual samples of the actual furniture, the room plan, any needed accessories – rugs and lamps and flooring materials.
- Draw floor plans using Havertys.com “Room Planner" software.
- Will provide recap to Sales Associates and Management after each house visit and upon completion of the floor plan and the Presentation Board.
- Will assist Sales Associates with the creation of floor plans for in-store clients that need to better visualize the purchase, helping to close the sale as an in-store-house-call.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in interior design or related field; or 2 to 4
years related experience and/or training/ or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a current valid drivers license with a clean driving record and be able to drive and provide personal transportation to Customer in-home appointments. Reliable transportation with verification of minimum state required car insurance is a requirement of position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email and systems such as Room Planner software/ Microsoft Office components/ Internet software/ Full-shot image ware.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. S/he will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his/her supervisor.
Beginning in 1885 as a single store in downtown Atlanta, Havertys has grown to be one of the top retailers in the furniture industry with over 120 stores in 17 states.
We provide a customer-centric experience that delivers highly personalized access to home fashion in a wide variety of current styles, colors, price points and even custom designs and fabrics. Our longevity and continued growth in market share and innovation demonstrates the brand loyalty and dedication of both our customers and our associates who serve them.
As a member of our team, you will represent Havertys at the point of contact with the customer whether that is in Retail Sales, In-Home Design, Distribution, Home Delivery or in our Home Office and Support Services functions.
To learn more, we encourage you to apply for one of our currently open positions.