Occupational Therapist, OT - Salem Home Care
LHC Group Inc. is a national provider of home health and hospice services, providing quality, cost-effective health care to patients within the comfort and privacy of their home or place of residence. LHC Group provides a comprehensive array of post-acute healthcare services through home health, hospice and private duty locations in its home-based division and long-term acute care hospitals in its facility-based division.
Full-time, Part-time and Per Diem OT openings in Salem Home Care part of the LHC Group
The Occupational Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to functional status, activities of daily living, fine motor coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and other occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist helps to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the patients progress.
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes to the agency at least twice weekly.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
- Provides in-service education as requested by DON or Branch Manager.
- Must be a graduate of an American Occupational Therapy Association approved physical therapy program.
- Must have a current license to practice occupational therapy by Board of Occupational & Physical Therapy Examiners.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Current CPR certification required.
Competitive Pay and Excellent Benefits Package
At LHC Group, we offer an opportunity to be part of something that’s more than just a job. We are always growing and there are many opportunities for advancement to directorial and executive roles around the country. We know that our employees work hard, so we offer an excellent and competitive salary and benefits package as well as opportunities to share in our company’s financial growth and success. Furthermore, we make sure that you have the tools and technology you need to be able to do your job well, give quality care and seize the opportunities we offer.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Cancer/Critical Illness insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time-off
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Disability gap insurance
- Accident insurance
- MedSupport insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Percentage bonus based on home health agency, division and company performance
- Bereavement Pay
- Continuing Education Units through Online Management System
- Flexible scheduling options and rewarding work
Proud member of LHC Group. LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment screening is required. Visit our Career Center at http://www.lhcgroup.com/.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.