Job Title: Process Manager
Reports To: Production Manager
Location: Chicago IL area
Compensation: Commensurate w/ experience
Benefits: Outstanding Benefits Pkg., including 401K
About our Client:
Our client is the leader in the manufacture of leading-edge coatings for automotive and other high, value-added coatings applications.
With the stability that comes from being an industry leader, opportunities to join our client’s endeavors are rare. As such, our client is seeking an experienced Process Manager with strength in the area of process & continuous improvement (Lean Six Sigma) in batch manufacturing, and with supervisory/leadership experience as well.
Personnel and Process Management
The Process Manager is responsible for five direct reports. He/she provides coaching and development plans for his/her reports with the aim of improving their skills and abilities. He/she manages personnel schedules to provide 24/7 shift coverage. The Process Manager ensures that all safety rules and policies are followed.
- Management of the group so that in-process testing and appropriate batch adjustments are made so that product quality standards are met.
- Troubleshoots quality issues as batches are in process. Uses process knowledge and history to resolve problems as they are occurring.
- Works with the Quality Manager on non-conformance and customer complaint investigations. Responsible for insuring corrective actions related to the process group are developed and implemented. Uses structured root cause analysis techniques when appropriate (e.g. process mapping, cause and effect analysis, fishbone, etc.)
- Stays on top of batches to ensure lost production time within the control of the group is minimal. Tracks productivity and understands the financial impact of the productivity metric.
- Clearly understands the impact that aluminum powder feed has on pigment quality and ensures that the quality of this key raw material is maintained.
- Coordination of the daily scheduling logistics between production supervisors, operators, and production control (scheduler) is necessary. The Process Manager will need to work with production control to optimize batch sequencing, adjust for off grade production, and other related items.
- Management of blend stock and usage of rework.
- Understands material usage variances and how the decisions made by the process group impact the financials.
- Utilizes production data to identify and implement process improvements related to quality and productivity. To be effective it is necessary to have a strong understanding of how the equipment operates and to have good data analysis skills.
- Works to reduce variation and improve the consistency and quality. Drives the usage of statistical analysis.
- Leads production trials for improvements to existing products and processes. Keeps organized data and information and summarizes results.
- Collaborates with the technical group on scale-up of new products.
- Makes recommendations for equipment improvements.
- May provide coverage in the absence of the Production Manager
- Issues a monthly report with important group activities and projects
- Creates safety awareness and is a positive influence
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred) or related technical discipline
- 7 - 10 years of applicable work experience in a batch processing chemical manufacturing plant
- Computer proficiency using MS Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
About The River Group
Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations