Agile Business Analyst II
Paycor was founded in 1990 with a commitment to putting clients first by delivering exceptional personal service and easy-to-use products. Because of this commitment, Paycor has become one of the country's largest independent providers of payroll and human resources solutions. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, we have more than 550 associates, nearly 20,000 clients nationwide, and offices in 19 cities. We are experiencing double-digit annual growth--with plans to double revenue every three years--so the opportunities here are endless.
Paycor is synonymous with personal service, value-added features, professionalism, innovative solutions, and commitment to our communities. If you are looking to build your professional success in the long term, Paycor is the right opportunity for you!
Learn More about Paycor
Visit Our Site
Under the coaching of the Business Analyst Manager, a Business Analyst II is responsible for the continual exploration of the business need. Paycor’s Requirements are defined through an iterative process of planning, defining acceptance criteria, prioritizing, developing and then reviewing of results. Throughout this process the Business Analyst II must strive to ensure that the features requested by the Product Owner and or Product Manager align with the business goals established before the release. This is especially important as the business goals evolve and change over time.
The Business Analyst II major responsibility is to ensure that the right information is available at the right time and in the level of detail that his/her Scrum team needs. To ensure that they are capturing that level of detail it is vital that they work across the organization. They should foster and create relationships in all areas of the organization including but not limiting the following areas: Product Owners, Product Mangers, Client Services, Development and QA. They shall use these relationships to elicit and create epics, user stories, use cases, and use Root Cause analysis to solve for the business problems at hand. Using these relationships and tools will allow the Business Analyst II to help their Scrum Team bring IT software development projects to successful completion.
Regardless of job titles the Business Analyst II main responsibility is to provide clarity to their Scrum team. They are also charged to work with the Product Owner and Product Manger to provide maximum value to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continues to develop a strong understanding of assigned business functions, including work processes, systems, business/regulatory rules, and end user/client needs
- Drives cross-functional collaboration with business partners and software development with the purpose of eliciting user needs and understanding potential impact on existing software
- Documents “what" the user needs into a format the scrum team can understand and values.
- Resolves issues for specific items and/or enhancements within a project. Ensure that the proper stakeholders are included when necessary to resolve them in a timely manner
- Ensures all work (Use Cases, Epic’s, Themes, User Stories and Prototypes) meets the Definition of Ready for their respective teams.
- Is held accountable for their agreed upon sprint commitments.
- Will be responsible for the creation of User Stories, Use Cases, Epics, Themes, Process Flows and Prototypes.
- May help the team get to their Definition of Done by executing test plans and or other activities to get the team over the line.
- Shall elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis.
- Will continue to develop Business Analysis skills through professional organizations, on the job training and or personal learning’s.
Please submit a resume to apply online: http://www.paycor.com/
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 4 year degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of MIS Business Analysis experience
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or CCBA (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis) preferred
- Tax, Payroll, or HR experience preferred
- Detailed experience with contemporary Business Analysis skills, including use of case development, prototyping, and user story creation, ideally in an Agile environment
- Must be open minded and have the ability and flexibility to adapt to change.
- Aptitude for technical procedures and processes; Skilled at translating user needs to useful Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- High energy self-starter; must be flexible and able to take the initiative with minimal guidance
- Comfortable working both as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to effectively build cross-functional relationships
- Knowledge of Scrum, Lean and or Kanban software development (Agile) preferred.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- 1+ year of experience in delivering SaaS products preferred
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
4811 Montgomery Rd.
Norwood, OH 45212