In over 35 years of service, the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) has been a leading partner in the growth of a vigorous health care industry. STBTC serves over 100 hospitals and clinics in 43 South Texas counties. In addition to recruiting, collecting, processing, testing and distributing blood components, STBTC operates a certified tissue bank, houses the Texas Cord Blood Bank and also serves as a National Marrow Donor Program registration site.
Support Coordinator- Driver Inventory
South Texas Blood & Tissue Center is seeking a
to provide support for the Donor Services department
at our San Antonio location.
Job Summary: Responsible for performing the day to day duties related to ordering, stocking, and maintaining an inventory of supplies within the Support Services area of the Donor Services department. Must ensure the availability of inventory necessary to meet blood drive requirements and stock vehicles with supplies, to include controlled documents and laptops, in accordance with drive sheets. Will also be accountable for re-fueling assigned vehicles, and ordering and maintaining Donor Pavilion stock levels while providing professional customer service at all times.
Job Responsibilities / Expectations:
Schedule: Variable Hours & Days to include evenings, wknds & holidays
- Ensure that all assigned areas and/or vehicles are stocked with required equipment and supplies prior to leaving for blood drives
- Inspect all received goods thoroughly for damaged items and document appropriately when applicable.
- Assist with maintaining accurate equipment information (i.e.: serial numbers, asset tag numbers, model numbers, etc.) in computer database.
- Assist with the monitoring, tracking, and accounting for the location of all automated and mobile equipment.
- Ensure equipment’s calibrations/QC are within established ranges.
- Load/Unload designated fleet vehicles according to the drive sheet.
- Review blood drive requirements and compare with inventory levels to ensure continued availability of products.
- Maintain proper documentation of all supplies placed into or removed from inventory.
- Follow all applicable Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure all items are neatly organized in designated inventory locations.
- Order and stock on a first-in, first-out (FIFO) basis in accordance with established inventory levels.
- Operate all power equipment in a safe manner.
- Refuel assigned company vehicles.
- Maintain daily records to include totes, re-fueling, laptops etc.
- Transport vehicles to other sites or locations.
- Update laptops and verify functionality.
- Order, maintain, and restock supplies to include controlled documents at Donor Pavilion.
- Drive STBTC vehicles in a safe manner.
- Maintain a good working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, management, and internal/external customers.
- May perform other tasks as assigned.
All Full Time Positions Qualify for -
100% Employer Paid Pension Plan & Full Benefits Package
Benefits for the Support Coordinator - Driver/Inventory include:
Medical and Dental Plan
Term Life Insurance
Long-term Disability Plan
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Tax Sheltered Annuity
Flexible Benefits Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Educational Assistance Program
Paid Time Off (PTO)
8 Paid Holidays
Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
Jury Duty Leave
Company vehicle will be provided for company use only
BioBridge Global and its subsidiaries are proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/D/V/Genetic Data employer that maintains a Tobacco & Drug-Free Workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status
Requirements for the Support Coordinator - Driver/Inventory include:
Education / Qualifications:
Two years inventory or related work experience preferred
Computer experience required
Knowledge / Experience:
Knowledge: Must acquire and maintain knowledge of supply and inventory procedures. Will ensure Donor Services is supplied in accordance with drive projections. Must follow the guidelines of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). Must be knowledgeable in procedures to safely fuel gasoline and diesel vehicles from a commercial pump.
Skills: Computer skills required. Must be capable of operating motor vehicles, including commercial coaches, in all types of weather conditions.
Licensure / Certifications:
Report this job
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.