Total Wine & More...a retail success story! Started by two brothers in Delaware, we are now America’s largest independent fine wine retailer, with 100+ stores in fifteen states and more than $1.5 Billion in annual sales. We are proud of twenty-two years of positive comp store increases and have a dedication to service, selection and value for our customers. However, it is our people, more than anything, that make Total Wine & More a great company. Our team members are entrepreneurial in mindset, passionate about wine, beer and spirits and committed to our growth.
Currently we are looking for a Help Desk Technician to join and assist our Help Desk team mature into a Service Desk. Our IT department is fast-paced and always moving—helping all levels of team members at the Store Support Center and retail stores via e-mail, phone and in-person. The Service Desk Technician will be primarily responsible for answering support phones, creating/updating/monitoring cases, responding to email, and tracking detailed information about each customer’s service needs. Above all, the Technician will utilize Total Contact Ownership principles—problem resolution involves gathering information, diagnosing the customers’ needs, conducting research to find correct solutions and confirming that the customers’ problems have been brought to a satisfactory resolution. We look forward to an entrepreneurial mind with a collaborative spirit joining our team, gaining a breadth of experience with high level IT support and furthering Total Wine & More’s dynamic growth!
- Monitor incoming incidents via phone and the Heat ticketing system; accurately documenting details, work performed, and resolutions
- Ensure that all colleagues across the Service Desk team are kept informed of incident progress and that tickets are updated and resolved per team SLAs.
- Configuration, testing, deployment, and support of computers, printers, and networking components
- Identification, troubleshooting, & resolution support of network, wireless & security issues
- Properly document issues and associated resolution of problems for future reference
- Support Total Wine & More POS Systems and Proprietary Applications
- Provide computer/network orientation to new company staff
- Participate and assist the Infrastructure/Field Support Team with multiple technical and business projects
- Travel to local area stores to resolve IT related issues
- Participate in the On-Call and holiday rotation and be flexible to work any shift
- Service Desk agents are required to attend regular meetings and training activities when scheduled
- Regular weekend, evening, and on-call hours will be required.
You should have:
- Bachelor Degree in Info. Systems or related field desirable
- Minimal MCP, or A+, or Network+, or comparable IT certification.
- Certification may be waived with more than 2 years of direct IT Helpdesk experience or 3+ years of IT related college credits combined with 1+ years of customer service experience, or 1+ years of POS system support experience.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, Networking concepts, & TCP/IP.
- Windows 7 & XP operation, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Hardware/software installation, upgrades and troubleshooting.
Experience is important. To set you apart from everyone else:
- 2 + years experience with IT support, PC installation and troubleshooting
- ITIL experience/knowledge a plus
- Retail/consumer products industry experience is desirable
These characteristics will help you fit in:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with internal and external team members
- Ability to use support tools to speed up problem solving and improve own productivity
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Total Wine & More's benefits take care of the people who take care of our company. We know that our people are our greatest asset. To show our commitment, we offer the following competitive benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health & Dental insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with matching company contributions
- Generous paid-time off program
- Merchandise discount between 10-30%
- Flexible spending accounts for medical/dependent care expenses
Drug Free Workplace
Total Wine & More is America‘s Wine Superstore®—the country‘s largest independent retailer of fine
wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. We currently operate
over 90 superstores across 15 states and are growing rapidly.
We are committed to having the best wine selection with an emphasis on fine wines. This differentiates us from many
retailers in the United States who specialize in one geographic area or price category. Each of our stores carries
more than 8,000 different wines from every wine-producing region in the world.
In addition to a world-class selection of fine wines, Total Wine & More also carries more than 2,500 beers, from
America‘s most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every
price range and category.