BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position will support the plant technical operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work on special assignments designated by the Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
2. Assist in the relief of plant technical staff during absences from the plant.
3. Research, design and implement new technology to improve equipment performance and quality to the customer.
4. Help in the implementation and continuous use of the preventive maintenance program.
5. Assist with the supervision of Maintenance Technicians: PM assignment and scheduling, project assignment and scheduling, PO/REQ processing, etc...
6. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent experience.
Industrial equipment experience of at least 3-5 years, PLC controls, AutoCAD, pneumatic and hydraulic
design and repair.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Experience in programming and troubleshooting PLC and SLC ladder logic using both RS Logix and 6200 series software.
2. Experience in operator interface programming such as panel views.
3. Familiarity with different servo controlled systems.
4. Ability to read and/or interpret engineering drawings (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and
5. Proficiency with computer aided drawing software, i.e. AutoCAD.
6. Ability to size electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic circuits.
7. Proficiency with MS Office products required.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
9. Maintain strict confidentiality of any proprietary business-related information to which entrusted.
Must be available to work any shift.