The Kitchen Manager is responsible for efficient and profitable day-to-day management of all kitchen operations of the venue, and directly supervises Assistant Kitchen Managers and cooks throughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance that adheres to budget and meets standards by performing the following duties:
- Ability to perform all responsibilities of each position in the kitchen.
- Assists General Manager in all facets of operation to include financial, forecasting, recruiting, entertainment, sales, and marketing.
- Develops menus for restaurant operations.
- Performs a daily walk through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen related products.
- Performs a daily line check to ensure consistent tastes, accurate temperatures, and quality of items.
- Ensures and enforces a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, training, and safety practices.
- Interviews, hires, develops, trains, and manages all Assistant Kitchen Managers, prep cooks, line cooks, and back of house trainers.
- Meets daily with Assistant Kitchen Managers to coordinate and ensure production standards.
- Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals.
- Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and Staff Members.
- Accountable for the development, performance, coaching, and timely completion of all annual salaried and hourly performance reviews.
- Ensures accurate completion of culinary Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
- Coordinates catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Responsible for quality of products and waste prevention.
- Ensures the highest quality product reaches our guest and meets specifications.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Ability to forecast Labor Cost based on historical data and trends.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
- Minimum of five years experience in a high volume food and beverage environment required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent judgment and decision making abilities.
- Ability to supervise multiple levels of culinary workers.
- High school degree or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) preferred or Associate’s degree (AA) in a related field
- ACF certification or appropriate program or equivalent required
- Certified Professional Food Manager Certification required
- Health permit/food safety and Alcohol Awareness. Staff Member is required to obtain cards individually and provide proof of possession prior to first day of employment subject to local laws
- This position will have limited travel up to 20% of the time. Travel will be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, and/or company meetings.
Brazil-based International Meal Co., is a franchisee of the Margaritaville casual-dining brand in the United States,
Puerto Rico and Panama airports and has worked with Margaritaville since 2010. IMC also owns 386 casual and quick-service restaurants in Brazil, the
Caribbean and Mexico, emphasizing units in airports, shopping malls and along major highways. Margaritaville is the leading and most recognizable "escapism
lifestyle" brand in the United States.
Established more than 25 years ago, this authentic tropical concept has been successfully extended into
restaurants, retail, consumer goods, hotels, casino, and radio. Inspired by the lyrics and lifestyle of Jimmy Buffett, whose evocative songs inspire a cross
generational yearning for an island adventure; Margaritaville transports its guest to an island state of mind, regardless of their current latitude or
cultural reference point. People from all over the world visit Margaritaville every day in search of a distinctive dining, entertainment, and shopping
Our Margaritaville team is the representation of the Margaritaville Lifestyle pursued by millions and is the key to creating the Margaritaville Experience
for our guests. This Experience is what separates us from other concepts and keep our guests returning time after time. We are also committed to providing
you a safe, enjoyable, and fun working environment. This is what separates us from other employers.