Hospital Administrative Assistant
Posted : 7/9/2014
In addition, spends the majority of time on one or more of the following duties:
Medix, along with our client, is immediately hiring for Administrative Assistants with experience in a hospital environment!
These opportunities are in fast paced environments, so prior Administrative Assistant experience is required.
Candidates for the Administrative Assistant position must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Spends the majority of time supporting administrative functions.
- Uses independent judgment and complex analysis to gather facts and determine appropriate solutions generally based on past experience and department practice.
- Performs some or all of the functions of a Senior Secretary, such as: Type abstracts and manuscripts according to specific grant formats.
- Maintains calendar for physician / supervisor.
- Takes, prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares expense reports.
- Maintains complex confidential patient and/or general office files.
- Arranges conferences according to department specifications, including booking rooms, catering, and equipment.
- Compiles reports.
- Composes formal and informal correspondence.
- Creates and formats presentations.
- Coordinates human resources activities for the department, including processing confidential paperwork, maintaining records, performance appraisals and job information.
- May write position descriptions and works with financial and human resource divisions to resolve funding, job level or information issues.
- Interprets institutional policies for employees.
- Monitors and balances company center budget activity, requiring complex account review, tracking and analysis, cost projections, status reports and identification of potential problems.
- Ensures timely submission of required reports/documents for manuscripts and grants by tracking stages, alerting investigators and initiating response process.
- May coordinate faculty recruitment, training or multiple schedules of activities for groups of graduate students, visiting fellows, etc.
- Supervises work distribution and processing for clerical area.
- Recent Healthcare experience is required
- At least 2 years of administrative assistant experience
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Travel arrangements experience (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Medix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Keywords: medical administrative assistant, healthcare, administrative assistant, medical front desk, travel arrangements, travel, excel, reports, compile, meeting minutes, senior secretary, executive admin, executive administrative assistant, conferences, manuscripts, abstracts, typing, wpm, microsoft office, booking rooms, administration, expense reports
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
||$12.00 - $16.00 /Hour
| Other Pay:
||Healthcare - Health Services
||At least 2 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Medix provides workforce solutions to clients and creates opportunity for contract employees representing a variety of industries through our Healthcare, Scientific and Information Technology divisions.
We have earned our reputation as an industry leader by providing unsurpassed customer service and top quality professionals to our clients across the country.
Our brand promise: Anticipating Needs. Exceeding Expectations. focuses our efforts to assist clients staffing a temporary need, a seasonal spike in their business cycle or when using Medix to augment their staff on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire placement basis. Medix has the expertise and dedication to provide them with top industry professionals to timely and effectively secure their staffing needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.