Posted : 9/18/2014
with Medix today! We
are dedicated to providing exciting opportunities for contract employees. Our Healthcare division places qualified professionals in
Case Management, Medical Administrative, and Insurance positions. We are currently
seeking a Medical Phlebotomist for one of
our leading clients.
Job duties of the Medical Phlebotomist include but are not limited too:
- Perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard equipment, including vaccutainer tubes and sleeves, tourniquets, syringes and butterfly needles.
- Work with patient to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, allay fears and elicit cooperation.
- Utilize standard procedures for the maintenance of positive patient identification; record appropriate collection information on proper requisitions.
- Prepare, process, label and store patient specimens and samples using standard techniques and equipment, for subsequent analysis by Clinical Laboratory staff.
- Provide technical guidance to Phlebotomy students assigned to work area.
- Maintain inventory of supplies; reorder as required; stock supplies on carts and hand trays.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the position.
- Could be in a Hospital, IOP or PSC
the multiple benefits Medix has to offer. Our placement
services provide flexibility to accommodate your schedule and needs. We will
also provide guidance and support during the interview process. Your recruiter
is here to assist you with anything you may need, from giving you resume tips,
to helping you prepare for your interview.
a Medical Phlebotomist you must be a team player and possess the
ability to adapt to multiple changes
in a fast-paced environment.
Job requirements of the Medical Phlebotomist include but are not limited too:
- Phlebotomy Certificate or Diploma
- Associates Degree or even a Bachelors
- Externship and experience
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
Once you have been a contract employee of Medix for 30
days, you become eligible for our Benefits Program. Should you elect to enroll,
there are three levels of medical coverage to choose from, supplemental dental
plans and term plans as well as the option to enroll your spouse and/or
children. You can select the best combination that best suits your needs.
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to
enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
benefit medical plan with Starbridge Choices™, a CIGNA plan
with inexpensive co-pay
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
||$12.00 - $15.00 /Hour
| Other Pay:
||Healthcare - Health Services
||2 Year Degree
||At least 1 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Medix provides workforce solutions to clients and creates opportunity for contract employees representing a variety of industries through our Healthcare, Scientific and Information Technology divisions.
We have earned our reputation as an industry leader by providing unsurpassed customer service and top quality professionals to our clients across the country.
Our brand promise: Anticipating Needs. Exceeding Expectations. focuses our efforts to assist clients staffing a temporary need, a seasonal spike in their business cycle or when using Medix to augment their staff on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire placement basis. Medix has the expertise and dedication to provide them with top industry professionals to timely and effectively secure their staffing needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.