The primary purpose of the Compounding Pharmacist is to be a resource to customers for all compounding related needs. The incumbent will be interfacing with clients on technical and formulation queries, as well as providing direction, advice and continuing education in order to assist pharmacists with either introducing or expanding the practice of compounding in their business.
We recognize that our success as an organization depends on our employees; therefore we strive to build a team of excellence in order to reach our greatest potential. If you are an enthusiastic, ambitious and determined individual, we want YOU to join our growing company! We offer a great benefit package along with competitive wages and unlimited growth opportunity. We welcome you to be a part of our winning team, to excel in an enriching career and make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
For more information please visit our website at: www.medisca.com
Join our Talent Network: http://www.jobs.net/jobs/medisca/en-us/join
Please see below for the main functions of the Compounding Pharmacist.
The incumbent will participate in new product development , such as:
- Program Development, Design and Implementation
- Product and Service Development
- Compounding Pharmacy Practice and Formulation Consulting
- Lecture and Facilitation at Educational Programs
- Professional Liaison
- Quality System
- Keep current on all regulatory and standards of practice for pharmaceutical compounding
- Assist in the development of SOPs and Policies & Procedures
- Participate in continuous quality improvement
- Facilitate compounding training activities given to pharmacists & pharmacy technicians
- Assist in the development of programs (Continuing Pharmacy Education Activities)
- Assist in the facilitation of Continuing Pharmacy Education Activities
- Assist participants (students) with formulation practice
- Provide Direction on Pharmacy Compounding
- Provide a pharmacist point of view about matters presented
- Technical expert on compounding issues
TRAVEL: As required for program facilitation, department meetings/training and consulting.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in both Sterile and Non-Sterile Compounding
- Must be a Registered Pharmacist (RPH) or higher
- Familiar with USP 795/795, State and Federal Regulatory bodies
- Excellent communication skills required; fluent English (oral & written)
- Proven abilities to apply judgement, ethical practice and decision making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) required
- All specialities are valued and considered an asset (example veterinary, pain management, pediatric, etc).
If you feel that you have the skills required for this Compounding Pharmacist position, apply now by sending your resume to:
[Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Join our Talent Network:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
MEDISCA Inc is an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) registered supplier of fine chemicals, which include: - Active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) - Excipients in the form of bases, oils, colors, and flavors - Reusable and disposable devices for compounding pharmacists across the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. MEDISCA Inc is committed to bringing to the pharmacy compounding community the highest quality fine chemicals, compounding supplies, compounding solutions, and training. MEDISCA Inc's trusted partner and educational arm, MEDISCA Inc NETWORK supports ACPE-Accredited pharmacy compounding training programs: Certificate Programs in Pharmacy, workshops, and symposiums. MEDISCA Inc NETWORK's Technical Support Services Department provides customized and on-line formulas, along with a customer service help line to answer compounding-related questions regarding compounding equipment, compounding scripts, and compounding medications.