General Maintenance Mechanic
Job Description: General Maintenance Mechanic
Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be assisted by Entry or Intermediate Level personnel. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments such as motors, pumps, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc.
2. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble.
3. Disassembles machines and repairs or replaces broken parts.
4. Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
5. Cleans and lubricates parts.
6. Requisitions new/replacement parts and equipment.
7. Inspects completed repairs.
8. Remove snow and ice as required to make the facility accessible, operational and safe.
9. Assist other building mechanic trades as dictated by work load and emergencies.
10. Knowledge of the principles of electricity, hydraulics, mechanical systems, pneumatics, carpentry, plumbing, pipe fitting, welding and fabrication.
Other Job Functions:
1. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
2. Assist in improvement construction projects, renovations and equipment installations.
3. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education And Experience:
· High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
· Associates Degree or related degree in building maintenance is desired.
· Minimum 3-5 year previous facilities maintenance / engineering experience.
· Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
· Ability to use various testing devises related to the mechanical trades.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team member in a demanding service environment.
· Ability to handle multiple projects.
· Basic computer skills with office productivity software for e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
· Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, schematics, specifications, codes and handbooks - preferred.
Working Conditions: : Primarily, work is performed in an indoor, controlled environment – but there will be occasional outdoor work. Work may be strenuous at times and may include bending conduit, lifting heavy objects, and standing, stooping, and kneeling for long periods.
Standard working shift is daylight, M-F. Overtime and emergency call-ins may be necessary to meet job requirements.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter highlighting machinery/industrial maintenance to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] in MS Word format.
Welcome to Belcan TechServices! We are a staffing and outsourcing services provider specializing in technical recruiting. We source, interview, screen, and assign technical professionals in virtually every industry – engineering, Web and software development, design, aviation, information technology, quality control, biotechnology, health care, and many more! Our in-depth screening process ensures that our customers get the right people for the right job at the right time.
If you're a motivated employee with a drive to provide the best work possible to our customers, we want to hear from you! Although we specialize in technical staffing, we may also have positions available in administration, certain skilled trades, health care and many other areas. We work with some of the largest aerospace, automobile and technology companies in the United States, and many of our contract employees are often hired directly.
- Company: Belcan Corp
- Employee Type: Contractor
- Job Type: Installation - Maint - Repair
- Required Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Required Travel: Not Specified
- Relocation Covered: No
- Location: Pittsburgh
- Contact: Belcan TechServices
- Phone: 412-920-0200
- Email: Send Email Now
- Fax: 412-920-7420
Connect With Us