Child Care Specialist- Sedona
CHILD CARE SPECIALIST
The Child Care Specialist provides and ensures supervision for all children who are registered into the child care facility while their parents attend a sales tour. Supervision must be provided while maintaining a professional, friendly, safe and secure environment. Provides a warm, caring environment for children ranging in age 3 to 11 years old .
- Greet and register children from parents, noting any special instructions that parents may provide.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and multi-tasking when the room has several children.
- Supervise indoor activities.
- Interact with children at play.
- Maintain daily registration log.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels for the department to effectively operate (i.e., crayons, pencils, napkins, spoons, etc.).
- Prepare play materials and ensure that play areas, equipment and toys are safe and sanitary.
- Offer snacks and beverages to children.
- Offer entertainment (i.e., movies, games, coloring supplies).
- Console upset or distressed children.
- Immediately contact parents of distressed or upset children.
- Ensure child leaves with parent or authorized individual.
- Maintain a playful, organized, professional environment.
- Set up snack area and maintain snacks stocked throughout the day.
- May clean and sanitize equipment & toys.
- Throw away leftover food .
- Pick up and clean around room throughout the day as needed.
- Support and uphold the Mission Statement as provided by Diamond Resorts International®
- Support and uphold the vision and philosophies of the management team at DRI.
- Recognize, support, implement and adhere to policies and procedures established by DRI.
- Maintain a cohesive working relationship with the Sales departments, Sales personnel and coworkers.
- Resolve customer service challenges.
- Accomplish goals and objectives provided by supervisor.
- Achieve personal and departmental written objectives determined throughout the year.
- Communicate as needed with management.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the Company DRIven to Excellence standards.
- Consistently practice the Meaning of Yes® and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management, owners, members and prospects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of previous Activities or Childcare experience strongly preferred.
- Customer service and/or hospitality/ timeshare experience a plus.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Must enjoy interacting with children ages 3 to 11 years old.
- Must be patient and energetic.
- Must be creative, playful and attentive to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to take direction from Management and adjust to company’s needs
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Equal Opportunity Employer
Child care, daycare, nanny, babysitter, teacher, teacher’s aide, preschool assistant, nurse, activities coordinator, camp counselor, advisor, kids club attendant, youth counselor, customer service, social worker, counselor, sales assistant, game attendant, entertainment, substitute, education coordinator
Not ready to apply?
WELCOME TO DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL®
Diamond Resorts International® is a worldwide leader in hospitality and vacation ownership. We are committed to providing every member, owner and guest with the hassle-free, relaxing, memorable vacation holiday experience they deserve. We aim to consistently exceed expectations with high quality resorts and industry-leading hospitality.
DIAMOND RESORTS INTERNATIONAL®
Diamond Resorts International®, with its network of more than 300 vacation destinations located in 33 countries throughout the continental United States, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa provides guests with choices and flexibility as they design their dream vacation, whether they’re traveling an hour away or around the world. Our hassle-free, relaxing vacations give guests a truly memorable experience every time, for a lifetime.
ABOUT DIAMOND RESORTS CORPORATION
Diamond Resorts Corporation and its subsidiaries own, operate and manage vacation ownership resorts and, through resort and partner affiliation agreements, provide members and owners with access to 89 managed resorts, 163 affiliated resorts, 48 affiliated hotels and four cruise itineraries through THE Club® at Diamond Resorts International®. To learn more, visit DiamondResorts.com
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Diamond Resorts International
$9.00 - $10.00 /Hour
Hotel - Resort
Hospitality - Hotel
At least 1 year(s)
Sedona, AZ 86336