Patient Account Rep - A/R Specialist
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, is responsible for a variety of office/clerical tasks relating to patient A/R; contacts patients and responsible parties to resolve past-due accounts; investigates account status and initiates collection.
1. Comply with all applicable Company policies and procedures
2. Understand and comply with all governmental, regulatory and company billing and compliance regulations/policies including but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid programs.
3. Maintain working knowledge of current HME products and services offered by the Company and all applicable insurance guidelines respecting eligibility for coverage and reimbursement.
4. Working knowledge of reimbursement requirements for all insurances; must be comfortable knowing what is required to bill, by insurance, in a manner to provide sufficient certainty the claim will be paid. Requires constant review for updates and revisions by monitoring appropriate insurance companies’ and government agencies’ websites.
5. Identifies problem accounts with payors; investigates and corrects errors, follows-up on missing account information, and resolves past-due accounts.
6. Answers inquiries by phone regarding past-due accounts and insurance guidelines; researches incorrect addresses for past-due accounts.
7. Contacts responsible party to resolve delinquent accounts; prepares payment plans and monitors adherence to plans by responsible party; directs accounts to outside collection agencies when necessary.
8. May contact attorneys, employers, physicians, and others necessary to obtain information for resolution of credit and collection matters.
9. Posts data; verifies and performs mathematical computations; maintains files.
10.Composes and types routine correspondence, memos, letters, etc.
11.Performs other duties as assigned