Territory Manager (MDP)
Sales Management Professionals are you ready for an exciting opportunity?
Have you been searching for an entrepreneurial role where you get to display your dynamic leadership, seasoned managerial and sound decision making skills? It’s here! We are Lifetouch National School Studios, based in Minneapolis, MN, and we are the industry-leader in photography and capturing family memories that will be treasured forever.
We are seeking Territory Managers, who will attend a 12 to 18 month professional development training program in Austin, TX, and then relocate to lead their own assigned territory in another state. We provide relocation assistance!
We are going to develop you in all aspects of the business (photography, finance, sales, operations, and management). Once you are trained in our business, you will relocate to another geographic market to lead up your own established territory office and staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for many reasons:
- We are employee owned, so you become part owner of a thriving business!
- You get to flex your entrepreneurial spirit in your own territory, and manage your own staff!
- We offer low travel, and you enjoy a career from which we expect you to retire from!
- We offer Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Short and Long Term Disability)!
This position requires you to share our passion for the customers and communities we serve, embrace the challenges of sales and business development, have strong relationship building skills (internal and external), and willingness to demonstrate initiative across the board. Our ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience, but we will consider the right candidate that has 3 to 5 years of experience. Must have prior people management experience.
This opportunity is great for a candidate that is seeking a change or a new adventure. You will need to be resilient, flexible, and adaptable. Our compensation package includes a base salary, potential performance-based bonus, and our employee stock ownership plan which is “Best in Class."
In this role, you will be responsible for learning all components of managing a territory, with the goal of preparing to effectively manage your own territory in a new location (average of $1-5 million in revenue, 6-8 direct reports, and 10-20 seasonal team members).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing a comprehensive development plan with goals and objectives that challenge you to engage in problem-solving, change and conflict management, and strategic thinking
- Gaining experience in driving top line sales and identifying operations efficiencies to maximize bottom line profits
- Performing assignments commensurate to that of a Territory Manager, including relationship-based business development and existing account maintenance.
- Engaging in leadership opportunities within the territory that would foster “real life" management scenarios.
- Participating in weekly and quarterly reviews with your Training Manager and other company leadership and completing weekly reports and assignments in an effective and timely manner
Territory Manager (MDP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or related field or equivalent work experience
- Prior outside sales or business development experience (business-to-business sales experience strongly preferred)
- 7-10 years related business experience, with proven experience in each of the following areas:
- Direct people supervisory experience, with proven abilities in performance management and driving business results
- Experience applying metrics in order to drive financial decisions (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, managing payroll). P&L experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of components of daily sales office operations and overall business results
- Ability to travel up to 30% (less travel required upon longer term Territory Management placement)
- Willingness to relocate for training and/or longer term Territory Management placement is required. Relocation assistance is provided; Designated training locations are:
- San Antonio & Austin, TX
- Arlington, VA
- Cherry Hill, NJ
- Louisville, KY
- Lake Charles, LA
- Riverside, CA
- Boston, MA
- Tacoma, WA
In business for over 75 years, Lifetouch is the world’s largest employee-owned photography company. Our culture is very entrepreneurial, results oriented, collaborative, and team oriented. As an employee owned company, we believe in long term growth opportunities and promoting from within. We are also proud of our commitment to education and family values on an international, national and local level. Bring your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for adventure and apply today!
4 Year Degree
At least 3 year(s)
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.