Medical Collections Specialist (Moon Township)
Posted : 8/15/2014
Medix is currently seeking candidates with some health care, collections experience in the Moon Township area. If interested, please respond with your resume. Please see below for more details...
- Obtain maximum reimbursement of all private invoices and commercial insurance claims within 45 days of the billed date in compliance with company policy, HIPPA, Medicare DMERC supplier standards and the Fair Debt Collection Act
- Print and review Billing Edit List for commercial accounts
- Sort and organize EOB Denial/Allowances
- Resolve and troubleshoot outstanding claims through in-depth research and by utilizing insurance websites and provider services to determine what action is needed to obtain reimbursement
- Track progress through claim coding, AR reports; follow up folders, and 1st and 2nd tier communication.
- Take and handle all incoming calls from customers and insurance companies professionally to solve billing questions and problems.
- Complete write off request forms for any uncollectible balance and adjust cash upon approval.
- Prepare and forward special pricing updates to appropriate departments after approval from AR division leader.
- Prepare and mail monthly private pay statements and assist private pay collector as needed.
- Track and follow your progress through the running of reports in Mestamed.
- Complete progress log daily and e-mail to Team and Divisional Leader of progress.
- Detailed documentation in Mestamed all work done on each patient you work.
- Previous DME collections exp strongly preferred but not required
- Previous commercial, government or self pay collections exp required (Must have healthcare collections exp)
- Energetic and detail oriented
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Time management
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Pay: $13-15/hr (Based Upon Experience)
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||Healthcare - Health Services
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Medix provides workforce solutions to clients and creates opportunity for contract employees representing a variety of industries through our Healthcare, Scientific and Information Technology divisions.
We have earned our reputation as an industry leader by providing unsurpassed customer service and top quality professionals to our clients across the country.
Our brand promise: Anticipating Needs. Exceeding Expectations. focuses our efforts to assist clients staffing a temporary need, a seasonal spike in their business cycle or when using Medix to augment their staff on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct hire placement basis. Medix has the expertise and dedication to provide them with top industry professionals to timely and effectively secure their staffing needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.