Home Health Care Occupational Therapy Assistant, COTA - Alabama HomeCare
LHC Group Inc. is a national provider of home health and hospice services, providing quality, cost-effective health care to patients within the comfort and privacy of their home or place of residence. LHC Group provides a comprehensive array of post-acute healthcare services through home health, hospice and private duty locations in its home-based division and long-term acute care hospitals in its facility-based division.
Full-time COTA needed for Alabama HomeCare in Camden part of the LHC Group
The Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible for providing occupational therapy to patients in their homes to restore them to their fullest physical ability. The Occupational Therapy Assistant performs his/her duties in accordance with policies and procedures and the established plan of care.
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the provision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Must be currently licensed by the State Board of Medial Examiners to assist in the practice of occupational therapy.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist Assistant before starting a home health case load.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle. Current CPR certification required.
Competitive Pay and Excellent Benefits Package
At LHC Group, we offer an opportunity to be part of something that’s more than just a job. We are always growing and there are many opportunities for advancement to managerial, directorial and executive roles around the country. We know that our employees work hard, so we offer an excellent and competitive salary and benefits package as well as opportunities to share in our company’s financial growth and success. Furthermore, we make sure that you have the tools and technology you need to be able to do your job well, give quality care and seize the opportunities we offer.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Cancer/Critical Illness insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time-off
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Disability gap insurance
- Accident insurance
- MedSupport insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Orientation period
- Continuing Education Units through Online Management System
Proud member of LHC Group. LHC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment screening is required. Visit our Career Center at http://www.lhcgroup.com/.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.