Are you seeking to grow & advance with an organization
that makes a difference in people's lives?
South Texas Blood & Tissue Center is seeking highly organized
Blood Bank - Medical Assistants / Phlebotomists / EMTs - Bus Drivers
This position will require a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) within four
months of hire. Will also perform phlebotomy and collect units of blood.
Responsibilities / Expectations of Blood Bank - Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist / Driver include:
Responsible for evaluating donors to determine donation suitability, the collection of quality blood products, providing care and professional customer service for the donors. Drive mobile staff to scheduled blood drives within our service area and maintain an awareness of any safety issues regarding the operation of the vehicles.
Perform medical screening procedures:
- Safely drive and transport mobile staff in designated motor vehicles.
- Comply with and follow all traffic laws and safety policies/procedures.
- Greet and process donors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform data entry of donor information and evaluate donor eligibility
- Conduct comprehensive medical history interview with complete, accurate and concurrent documentation.
- Perform medical evaluation procedures (blood pressures, pulse, temperature, and hemoglobin determination).
- Perform phlebotomy procedures as assigned for either whole blood or automated procedures.
- Provide post donation donor care.
- Ensure all necessary records are legible, accurate and complete.
10. Assist in the unloading, setting up, taking down, and reloading of mobile equipment.
11. Report to team leader/supervisor donor complaints or any operational issues.
12. Maintain good working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
13. May perform other tasks as assigned.
Schedule: Variable Days & Hours; including evenings & weekends
Occasional out of town and overnight stays required
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Will sit, stand, walk and bend during working hours. May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires normal or corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in well-lighted, air-conditioned and heated areas, but may work in confined spaces and non-climate controlled conditions such as mobile sites. May be exposed to body fluids, blood borne pathogens, electrical and chemical hazards. May be required to occasionally travel out-of-town or stay overnight for mobile blood drives. Must be flexible for scheduled hours of work at any time of the day, evening or night during the week or weekend.
All Full Time Positions Qualify for -
100% Employer Paid Health Insurance and Pension Plan
Benefits for the Blood Bank - Medical Assistant / Phlebotomist / Driver include:
BioBridge Global is a proud to be an EEO-AA employer M/F/D/V and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plan
- Pension Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Tax Sheltered Annuity
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Funeral Leave
- Jury Duty Leave