$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS* Ask recruiter for details!
Facility: Florida State Prison
• Provides mental health services for inmates in accordance with departmental policies and procedures to include: Assessment, crisis intervention, individual and group counseling.
• Complete admission assessments, periodic and frequent progress notes, psychological evaluations, treatment summaries for parole review and discharge summaries for inmates as assigned.
• Complete psychological testing within the level of professional qualifications as needed for inmates as assigned.
• Facilitates inmate treatment by providing written Mental Health Orders according to the Mental Health Policies and Procedures. Such orders will include, but not be limited to: Admission and discharge from mental health unit, cell designation / change when needed, inmate property or movement restrictions, seclusion, suicide precautions, close observations and level of observation changes.
• Coordinates discharge planning with institutional staff when inmate is referred to Department of Corrections (DOC) population or to the outside community to facilitate continuity of care
. • Provides Regional oversight and direction of mental health programs with Regional Mental Health Director and Regional Psychiatrist.
• Provides consultation services to institutional staff on mental health issues as requested
. • Provides training to institutional staff on mental health issues as requested.
• Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
• Allocates staff resources to ensure that institutional needs for clinical and consultative services are met in a timely, professional manner.
• Supervises and monitors Mental Health Services staff to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures of Mental Health Services.
• Provides staff meetings and in-service to Mental Health Services staff.
• Develops and maintains a system to provide twenty-four (24) hour psychological consultation services to institutional staff in situations requiring immediate crisis intervention.
• Coordinates psychiatric services by provision of administrative support to staff psychiatrist.