Corporate Reliability Engineer
Job is located in Findlay, OH.
The Corporate Reliability Engineer for Cooper Tire will work from a corporate perspective with plant engineering and maintenance personnel to develop, standardize, coordinate, and administer an overall maintenance program, update existing programs, add new equipment to existing programs. This person will be responsible for consolidating and standardizing approaches for preventative/predictive maintenance tasks and maintenance repair techniques from a corporate perspective for all Cooper Tire’s equipment base.
Other job specific duties include:
- Responsible for assisting in the review of equipment failures and analyzing equipment histories to identify trends in specific repetitive failures, to effectively identify root causes and address identified areas for improvement.
- Identifies potential for cost reduction through improve equipment reliability, extended parts life, reduced labor cost, and other reliability-related improvement techniques.
- Works closely with Reliability Engineering, equipment vendors and operations to coordinate the development of engineering solutions to repetitive equipment failures and other maintenance problems to reduce the need for maintenance while improving costs and reliability.
- Champions the transfer and implementation of best practices across the maintenance organization in an effort to maintain standardization and improve equipment performance.
- Assists in the development and standardization of a program which influences standards for new construction and equipment purchases including materials, equipment and spare parts.
- Works to understand plant maintenance training needs and determine how to ensure that training opportunities are to be made available.
- Develops strong working relationships with all engineering, maintenance, and production departments internally while building relationships with equipment suppliers.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field OR at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
3+ years of engineering/maintenance experience
Strong project management skills
Capable of obtaining results by means of a standardized gated process utilizing tools including but not limited to design and/or process FMEAs, SIPOC, and MS project
Continuous improvement process or Black Belt/Green Belt certified
Significant experience in engineering/maintenance with in a manufacturing environment is an advantage
As a global competitor in the replacement tire industry, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, together with its affiliates, subsidiaries and joint ventures, has manufacturing facilities on three continents, sales and distribution networks around the world, and products that meet and exceed the demands of the world’s most dynamic markets.
Cooper has maintained a competitive position among tire manufacturers in this country. It stands now as one of only two U.S.-owned tire manufacturers. Cooper is the fourth largest tire manufacturer in North America and the tenth largest in the world, shipping tires to more than 155 countries and employing nearly 13,000 people worldwide.
Today’s Cooper is a smart, innovative company capable of connecting in consumer and specialty markets around the world. Cooper provides a full line of tires to meet the needs of virtually all consumers from everyday motorists to the most demanding high-performance, off-road and motorsport enthusiasts.
Not ready to apply?