Physical Therapist, PT - Fayette Medical Center HomeCare
LHC Group Inc. is a national provider of home health and hospice services, providing quality, cost-effective health care to patients within the comfort and privacy of their home or place of residence. LHC Group provides a comprehensive array of post-acute healthcare services through home health, hospice and private duty locations in its home-based division and long-term acute care hospitals in its facility-based division.
Full-time Home Health PT Needed for Fayette Medical Center HomeCare part of the LHC Group.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to functional status/mobility, endurance/stamina, pain and other medical conditions. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Physical Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the patient's progress.
- Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptable standards of practice.
- Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the plan of care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes to the agency at least twice a week.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Provides in-service education as requested by DON or Branch Manager.
- Must be a graduate of an American Physical Therapy Association approved physical therapy program.
- Must have a current license to practice physical therapy.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
- Current CPR certification required.
Competitive Pay, CEUs & Excellent Benefits Package
At LHC Group, we offer an opportunity to be part of something that’s more than just a job. We are always growing and there are many opportunities for advancement to directorial and executive roles around the country. We know that our employees work hard, so we offer an excellent and competitive salary and benefits package as well as opportunities to share in our company’s financial growth and success. Furthermore, we make sure that you have the tools and technology you need to be able to do your job well, give quality care and seize the opportunities we offer. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Cancer/Critical Illness insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time-off
- Holiday pay
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Supplemental Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Disability gap insurance
- Accident insurance
- MedSupport insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Bereavement Pay
- Continuing Education Units through Online Management System
LHC Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.