General Manager / Store Manager / Assistant Manager
Thorntons Inc. is a leading, independent gasoline/convenience-chain retailer, marketing throughout the Midwest under the brand name THORNTONS.
Thorntons Inc. ranks #346 among Forbes magazine’s 500 largest privately held companies.
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky and ranks as one of Kentucky’s largest privately held company with over $2 billion in annual revenue.
Operates over 160 gasoline/convenience stores including one travel plaza, eight car washes.
Distributes petroleum products through our wholly-owned Thornton Transportation Company.
As you browse our website, we are confident that you will see our unwavering commitment to our customers, team members and communities.
General Manager / Store Manager / Assistant ManagerIf you find yourself to be a self-motivated, hard worker that is looking for a challenging career in a fast paced, fun environment we want to hear from you!
Thorntons Inc., one of America’s fastest growing retail companies, is currently looking for Assistant Store Managers to bring our team to continued success! As Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in many various aspects of the business. You will be responsible for the successful operation of the store through leadership and direction of all employees, great customer service, maintenance of cleanliness and merchandise, and the development of a qualified staff performing to their highest potential. In the absence of the General Manager, your responsibilities will include weekly and monthly accounting and paperwork, marketing and merchandising, and human resources functions such as training and retaining employees.
- All qualified candidates should possess a 2 year Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience for this position of Assistant Store Manager.
- Great leadership and management skills are a must.
- Prior experience in a retail environment is a plus.
Physical and Mental Skills and/or Abilities:
1. Leadership abilities enabling them to create a teamwork environment.
2. Will exemplify high personal and professional ethics, leading by example.
3. Will make a personal commitment to coach their team in customer service.
4. Will be able to constantly “Work the floor” with both customer and staff.
5. Will have the ability to recruit and retain outstanding team players.
6. Has disciplined themselves on timely and accurate reporting.
7. Can lift 20lbs. and work for long periods of time on their feet.
8. Exemplifies the ability to communicate openly and honestly.
9. Has a strong understanding that “people are our greatest asset”.
1. Will operate our store with the “Thornton’s 5 Operational Priorities”.
2. Will empower their staff through “Coaching” of the proper tools.
3. Will ensure “Growth” of their team members personally and professionally.
4. Will hold weekly meetings with the team to promote open and honest communication.
5. Will ensure all property is maintained to Thornton’s high standards.
6. Will build store sales by timely execution of sales plans, maintaining full and proper inventory levels.
7. Will monitor store controls and maximize opportunities to lower expenses. (i.e., Labor, Shrink)
8. Ensures our pricing policies, plan-o-grams and store layout are held to our marketing plan.
9. Will operate within Thornton’s guideline, making timely and prudent business decisions.
Not Ready To apply?