RTI International Metals is one of the world's largest producers of titanium. Through its various subsidiaries, RTI manufactures and distributes titanium and specialty metal mill products, extruded shapes, formed parts, and engineered systems for aerospace, industrial, defense, energy, chemical, and consumer applications for customers around the world.
The company has 1,750 employees across the Titanium, Fabrication, and Distribution divisions and operates in 20 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
The Labor Relations Manager will interpret and administer labor agreements covering approximately 350 represented employees. Duties will include processing of grievances, drafting local agreements, interpretation of negotiated employee welfare plans, providing guidance to management on labor laws and other labor relations activities. Represents the company in addressing, investigating and resolving labor issues between management and its labor force, ensuring consistent application of contracts, local agreements, laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and disciplinary guidelines.
• Work closely with management in representing the Company to ensure consistency in process, policy and procedure application of the labor agreements as well as local agreements and practices.
• Works with management, union officials, & employees to foster and maintain a harmonious environment.
• In conjunction with the HR Manager, conduct internal investigations of complaints and alleged violations of company policies, rules and standards of conduct and ethics when necessary, ensuring that all Company initiated investigations are conducted in a fair, thorough, and timely manner. Maintain company confidentiality and sensitivity in all issues.
• Provide guidance and clarification to employees regarding company policies, procedures and contracts.
• Provide labor law and policy guidance to management, supervisors, and employees to ensure compliance with employment laws regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, equal opportunity, or disability.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with union representatives and employees.
• Assists in development, implementation and revision of work rules and disciplinary procedures governing bargaining unit employees.
• Coordinate employee communications to keep employees informed regarding changes in work rules and policies.
• Share appropriate learning of employee and labor relations processes within the team to improve the overall knowledge.
• Responsible for providing expert advice and assistance to supervisory and managerial personnel to address an array of employee conduct and performance issues and grievances of varying levels of complexity.
• Keeps managers informed as to commitments made and progress of individual employee cases. In addition, performs other administrative tasks relevant to documenting performance plans, including but not limited to counseling employees, documenting and tracking progress.
• Assist with composing disciplinary/adverse actions and performance-based action letters, grievance responses, and local agreements.
• Researches, gathers data and responds to union grievances. Meets with union officials at grievance meetings as the Company representative, documents discussions and submits written dispositions for review.
• Assists and participates as a committee member in preparation for labor contract negotiations and arbitration hearings.
• Manages the recruiting and selection process of hourly bargaining unit positions and participates in new hire orientation process by providing summaries of work rules, contract language and employee benefits.
• Serves as a team member on several committees in conjunction with the Union (example: contracting out & apprenticeship program).
• Responsible for managing the staff and day-to-day activities in the Employment office and Medical department.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management.