Report this job
Cigna-HealthSpring, Nurse Practitioner/PA- Birmingham
How To Apply
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
Pay Benefits Work Schedule
Cigna offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
Org Marketing Statement
People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That's why we embrace and encourage peoples' uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential - and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That's why we're committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We're growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world - one individual at a time.
Cigna strongly embraces the scientific evidence that the use of tobacco products is harmful to the health of the user, the user's family, and the general public. Cigna's mission is to improve the health, well-being and security of the people we serve, which starts with our employees. Starting with job offers dated January 1, 2014, Cigna will no longer hire - where state law permits applicants who use tobacco products, including cigarettes, cigars and chewing or smokeless tobacco. Currently, these states are: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, MD, MA, MI, NE, OH, PA, TX, UT, VT and WA.
If you're passionate about making a difference one individual at a time, and would like to join the Cigna team, you'll be screened for nicotine as part of the pre-employment drug screen in states that allow the screening. If you test positive for nicotine, although we won't be able to offer you employment, we encourage you to check with your medical provider to explore your options and resources for quitting. Once you're tobacco-free, you may re-apply for jobs with Cigna in [six] months.
Cigna offers a Healthy Life Incentive for Cigna Medical Plan participants who live tobacco free. As a result, non-tobacco users pay a reduced premium for their Medical Plan coverage.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected category including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, color, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition (including pregnancy and childbirth), or any other such characteristics as specified by the applicable laws will not be tolerated.
Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Cigna-HealthSpring got its start in 2000 and is now one of the country's largest and fastest-growing coordinated care plans whose primary focus is Medicare Advantage plans. Cigna-HealthSpring currently owns and operates Medicare Advantage plans in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, D.C. as well as a national stand-alone prescription drug plan.
Our mission statement:
Cigna-HealthSpring is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve by delivering the highest quality and greatest value in healthcare benefits and services.
Provides assistance and support to physicians and other medical providers in assessing, planning, and providing patient care and ensuring the delivery of quality care and services. Responsible for conducting patient visits/assessments related to acute and chronic care management. Assist with the development, implementation, management, and achievement of specific programs / site objectives and core initiatives. These would include coding proficiency and documentation/completion of P4Q, HEDIS, and STARS measures.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Responsible for conducting patient comprehensive physicals on behalf of the health plan and in compliance with established documentation requirements within the PCP practice.
- Physicals conducted in a PCP practice setting are in direct coordination with the primary practice/physician to complete chart prep, documentation within patients medical record, prescribe, create and implement treatment plan orders. Upon completion of the comprehensive physicals the NP will work with the PCP to develop a care plan specific to the needs of each patient.
- Responsible for working directly with the PCP to provide complex care management of the patients enrolled in the CCP that will encompass regular follow-up and assessment.
- Assist the health plan to gather relevant clinical information prior to the patient visit, determine what measures are currently due, perform member's physical assessment, document clinical findings, and coordinate with the PCP regarding test results and the care plan developed based on the physical assessment.
- Proactively coordinate with the Practice Administrator / Lead Physician to implement clinical activities to enhance management of comprehensive physical exams, chronic care diseases, acute care needs, and clinical process activities.
- Assist physicians with inbound clinical triage and provides direction (notifying physicians, seeing patients, providing verbal orders) to nursing staff regarding treatment of the patient conditions.
- Actively work with staff to create a customer centric experience by having a positive and helpful environment, process that provides easy access to care and a workflow that is time efficient
- Proficient in documentation and coding; including Hierarchical Condition Coding, disease specificity, and E&M coding guidelines
- Identify, develop, and implement clinical protocols and obtain approval from physicians to see and assess patients.
- Remains compliant with all Policy and Procedures established for clinical services/POC
- Provides clinical assessment and treatment that positively affects clinical outcomes & performance measures.
- Conduct relevant patient education training and coordinate with health plan programs in all applicable settings.
- Conduct presentations and community sessions pertaining to disease specific process and preventive care specific to the senior segment.
- Develops a strong core relationship with oversight and referring physicians by working with Net Ops in determining where relationship gaps are and develop action plan.
- Adept in the development of Individualized Care Plans for multiple comorbid conditions
- Proficient in tracking and recording clinical outcomes on an ongoing basis
- Proven teaching skills to family members and care givers on different disease types and management
- Sponsor outreach events to PCP's and specialist to increase knowledge of the programs being offered
- Experienced in self-management of the clinical and marketing components of a busy practice
- Knowledgeable with EMR systems and chart documentation/coding guidelines
- Graduate from an accredited program as a Nurse Practitioner (NP), Advanced Practice Nurse (APN), or Physician Assistant (PA), advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses, and a current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in applicable state.
- License must include prescriptive authority.
- Need to have at least three years' experience practicing within either an Internal Medicine or Family Practice setting.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification.
- Five years experience in cardiac management
- Coding Certifications (CCS-P, CPC, RHIT, RHIA, CCS, etc.).
- At least 2 years experience in diabetes management
Healthcare - Health Services