Help us lead the next revolution in health care.
Clinical Careers at UnitedHealth Group. The days when people only connected with health care when they were sick are over. Today, we’re leading the health care revolution with a growing array of proactive, holistic tools and resources to encourage total well-being for millions of our customers. our integration model and network of over 80,000 providers allows us to affect meaningful change on a huge scale, and positions us well ahead of our competitors. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. We’re inventing the future of health care. Join us. Change your life by doing your life’s best work.SM
Senior Quality Analyst - Phoenix, Arizona
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this exciting and challenging role, the Senior Quality Analyst will be part of a team of 30 individuals, and be responsible for supporting this team by extracting data from a data warehouse, conducting data analysis, creating reports for state regulators or other business segments, and identifying issues or verifying accuracy of data collection systems and performance measure calculation.
This role differs from many typical data analysis roles because responsibilities include designing quality interventions to be implemented in the member/provider community, analyzing operational processes, recommending changes where needed to improve effectiveness or efficiency, and creating/improving data entry or scanning applications.
This position is critical to the performance of the whole quality improvement enterprise, and is ideal for someone who is creative; detail oriented, and enjoys the challenge of learning, exploring, and finding answers, as well as someone who is rewarded by implementing or changing a quality improvement process, and then monitoring the resulting success in the quality outcomes for members/providers.
***This is a office position located in Downtown Phoenix at 1 East Washington Street***
• Design, create and implement Quality Improvement projects and initiatives.
• Extract appropriate metrics from SQL or Oracle environments
• Conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that may include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for quality management planning and management needs
• Provide analytical support and expertise when compiling and reporting information
• Develop and present recommendations and alternatives for management and executive review
• Assume responsibility for data integrity among various internal groups and/or between internal and external sources
• Lead and/or mentor associates
• Assist in developing department strategic action plans including identification of objectives, goals and strategies
• Develop and implement effective analysis, research and evaluation of quality management metrics
• Develop, analyze and monitor new, routine and ad hoc reports using multiple data sources and systems
• Extract monthly MedMeasures Summary reports and gaps database from MedMeasures
3+ years of healthcare experience required
3+ years' experience extracting data in SQL/Oracle environment required
Experience with Microsoft Access Databases and VBA required
Intermediate MS Office skills required
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree preferred
2+ years' experience developing and implementing performance improvement projects, or using data to develop intervention strategies to improve outcomes preferred
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously preferred
Collecting, analyzing, and presenting data experience/background preferred
Additional Assets Preferred:
• Prior experience creating reports related to quality improvement/performance outcomes preferred
• Previous experience with quality measures such as HEDIS preferred
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 17 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Key Words: Phoenix, AZ, Arizona, RN, extracting data, SQL, Oracle, performance improvement projects, data, strategies, access, database, healthcare, quality improvement, quality, reviewing, forecasting, trending, data analysis
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Management
Job Reference Code: UHG-557303
Position Type: Full-Time