Employee FLSA Status:
Exempt Line of Business:
Software Solutions Additional Technology Information:
The grocery industry is changing. The need to connect with customers digitally is growing rapidly. Kroger is embarking on a concentrated effort to grow our digital capabilities that create an amazing customer experience. We are currently growing our digital team and need to add an eCommerce Developer. If you have eCommerce Development experience and want to be a part of something big, apply now.
We are looking for an eCommerce Specialist who will be responsible for performing a variety of technical duties including participating in the system architecture design, application functionality and design along with developing testing and deployments. You will also develop the build instructions and work closely with the Configuration Management team to deploy the solution and perform trouble shooting and break-fix for all defects. This position will provide critical software development and configuration for eCommerce in the WebSphere commerce, Microsoft Commerce and Sterling order management space for our existing eCommerce installations as well as future builds.
This role will be part of the exciting new Digital customer team. This is a highly innovative team situated in our own newly remodeled Digital Customer Innovation Center in beautiful Blue Ash, Ohio. The team consists of Mobile, eCommerce and Customer facing Banner site solutions that will provide Kroger customers with a world class digital and mobile shopping experience. This is a new and exciting environment with a 'start-up', innovative culture and the opportunity to have a major impact on the future of digital shopping at Kroger.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years' experience in eCommerce related technology development, utilizing WCS, OMS and/or IIB (MQ Series)
• 5+ years' experience in Java and/or .Net
• 1 year experience in Full Development life-cycle experience with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
• 2 years' experience in Retail business, Order Management and Order Fulfillment processes
The Developer is also responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance toSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates inthe application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developeralso communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. TheDeveloper strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect,honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications.
- Champion company standards and best practices. Work to continuously improve software delivery processes and practices.
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans independently as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the SupportCenter, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates. Mentor team members in softwaredevelopment principles, patterns, processes and practices.
- Direct the day-to-day work activities of other team members.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 10 or more years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Extensive experience with Project planning.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Extensive experience with technical task estimation.
- Bachelor's degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 7 - 10 or more years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with large size or highlycomplex projects.
- Prior experience with project planning with large size or highly complex projects; or projects where technical standards need to be established
Bachelor's Desired Required Certifications/Licenses:
None Position Type:
[[mfield4]] Jobs at Kroger:
At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more than 368,000 Associates across 34 states and the District of Columbia. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields. Company Overview
The Kroger Co. is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 328,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Co. focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: OH || Blue Ash || 9935 Carver Road || 45242 || Kroger General Office || CareerBuilder || Information Services and Systems || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
- View Other Jobs on the Kroger Talent Network
- Company: The Kroger Co.
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Blue Ash, OH 45242
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Other Great Industries
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Information Technology
- Req'd Education: 4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience: 7 to 10 years
- Req'd Travel: Not Specified
- Reference ID: 14527-en_US
- Relocation Covered: Not Specified
|Not ready to apply?
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 368,000 associates who serve customers in 2,641 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 327 fine jewelry stores, 1,218 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
Kroger is based in Cincinnati, Ohio with 1,352 stores in OH, IN, KY,
VA, TX, GA, MS, LA, AK, MI, MO, IL, TN, SC, NC, WV. Kroger was founded
by Bernard Henry Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kroger pioneered
the first supermarket surrounded on all four sides by parking lots in
We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for
customer service, fairness, respect, openness, leadership and honesty.
Whether you like working with people, numbers, ideas, food or
pharmaceuticals, you can find a match with us. And with stores and
offices in 32 states, we have opportunities for talented individuals
nationwide, whether in a booming metropolis like Atlanta or in a small
town like Martins Ferry, Ohio.
The communities we serve are as diverse as America itself, and that
diversity is reflected in our workforce. One of our greatest strengths
is the diversity of talented employees we attract. In fact, the quality
of our employees and the wide range of talents they bring to our
company give us a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace.
At Kroger, loyalty is a two-way street – to both our customers and our
employees. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, a solid 401(k)
program, flexible hours and generous vacation time. And…more
importantly, we promote from within whenever possible. Our roster
includes leaders who began their careers bagging groceries.
We seek out and welcome employees who are a part of, not apart from,
their communities. Our employees are active participants in the
community, working with schools, churches, and civic organizations. We
treasure teamwork: between us and our employees; our employees and our
customers; and between all of us and our communities.