JOB TITLE: CULINARY CHEF
ROLE: STORE MANAGEMENT
SUPERVISOR: EXECUTIVE CHEF, STORE MANAGER
Enhance our customers’ shopping experience with the sharing of
culinary knowledge, providing home meal replacement, and
development of recipes at a good price to give our customers what
they want plus 'a little'.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversee and train Deli personnel on product preparation and
• Ensure that staff adheres to all Food Safety, HACCP and Sanitation
• Engage customers at peak hours forming relationships, soliciting
feedback and ensuring customer satisfaction, to solidify
• Assist Executive Chef in tracking shrink on a daily basis.
• Become a member of the American Culinary Association and
participate in meetings and functions of the organization.
• Be responsible for setting up Silent Demos through the entire store and
• Assist Executive Chef in participating in Community events,
Fundraisers, Cook Offs and other Media events.
• Ensure all Kroger policies and procedures are followed on a regular
• Possess and continuously demonstrate strong organizational and
• Assist in job sharing with Deli functions when needed, while always
keeping the Customer First Strategy in mind.
High School Diploma AND Extensive Prior Culinary Experience
To be considered for positions, current associates must meet the minimum qualifications of the position, apply on-line via the Career Opportunities site and submit the completed Job Posting Acknowledgement Form (signed by the current Store Manager and District Manager )
Please see your Manager for a Job Posting Acknowledgement Form.
Some of the behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence – Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety .
- View Other Jobs on the Kroger Talent Network
- Company: Kroger – Cincinnati / Dayton
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Northern Kentucky Locations
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Other Great Industries
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Retail
- Req'd Education: High School
- Req'd Experience: Not Specified
- Req'd Travel: Not Specified
- Reference ID: CR-CR-JHS2YG60S5TT79D04SD
- Relocation Covered: Not Specified
|Not ready to apply?
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 368,000 associates who serve customers in 2,641 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 327 fine jewelry stores, 1,218 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
Kroger is based in Cincinnati, Ohio with 1,352 stores in OH, IN, KY,
VA, TX, GA, MS, LA, AK, MI, MO, IL, TN, SC, NC, WV. Kroger was founded
by Bernard Henry Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kroger pioneered
the first supermarket surrounded on all four sides by parking lots in
We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for
customer service, fairness, respect, openness, leadership and honesty.
Whether you like working with people, numbers, ideas, food or
pharmaceuticals, you can find a match with us. And with stores and
offices in 32 states, we have opportunities for talented individuals
nationwide, whether in a booming metropolis like Atlanta or in a small
town like Martins Ferry, Ohio.
The communities we serve are as diverse as America itself, and that
diversity is reflected in our workforce. One of our greatest strengths
is the diversity of talented employees we attract. In fact, the quality
of our employees and the wide range of talents they bring to our
company give us a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace.
At Kroger, loyalty is a two-way street – to both our customers and our
employees. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, a solid 401(k)
program, flexible hours and generous vacation time. And…more
importantly, we promote from within whenever possible. Our roster
includes leaders who began their careers bagging groceries.
We seek out and welcome employees who are a part of, not apart from,
their communities. Our employees are active participants in the
community, working with schools, churches, and civic organizations. We
treasure teamwork: between us and our employees; our employees and our
customers; and between all of us and our communities.